Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8ight t Or xray

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 PM
romax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight t Or xray

hey guys i have the opportunity to get either an xray xt8 or losi 8ight t , lightly used (2 races) The xray seems like parts, (the outdrives etc.) last longer on the xray from what i've been hearing but losi is more popular. If i buy the xray it doesn't have the big bore shocks the losi does . Is one easier to drive than the other? Easier to set up ? The price is the same on both but the losi has all the alum. upgrades available . Will that make much difference on weight? Anyway just trying to decide & thought i'd ask you guys what you thought. Thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 AM
DS

Default RE: 8ight t Or xray

xray is better quality, both will have new versions out. 8ight has servo problems......DEFF. Xray
Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 AM
INTEGRA

Im not a big fan of the X8T or w/e its called....sure its a nice truck....but was NOT designed for the American US style tracks.....more so for the Euro flat Astroturf tracks....the shocks Suck to say the least and most guys swap to Jammin Big bores right off the bat......losi parts are 1/2 the price of xray parts and avaiability 100% goes to losi.....imo the losi never had servo issues....only user's.......and you can update your 8-T to 2.0 status pretty easy and make it the ultimate 8T.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:38 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

x2. if u have linkage setup correctly there WILL NOT be issues. look at pics in manuals and read and etup linkage exactly as it says.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:25 PM
IL2mSturmovik

X3, but I will be upgrading my 8T just to be on the safe side.
The XT8 is really a 1st gen type truggy anyways, when they do the 808 based truggy, that will be one bad boy
Old 11-27-2008, 05:05 PM
romax

Yea , that's what i've been thinking. If i bought the xray then i would have to spend another 120.00 on big bore shocks , so i would have more money in it & parts seem hard to find. allthough everyone says the xray last longer. I really need something that doesn't require lots of maintenance because my son races a buggy & it seems i'm allways working on his & not giving mine the attn. it needs. Guess i'll think about it some more. Would i need to do more than big bores to make the xray more suitable to u.s. tracks?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:07 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: romax

Yea , that's what i've been thinking. If i bought the xray then i would have to spend another 120.00 on big bore shocks , so i would have more money in it & parts seem hard to find. allthough everyone says the xray last longer. I really need something that doesn't require lots of maintenance because my son races a buggy & it seems i'm allways working on his & not giving mine the attn. it needs. Guess i'll think about it some more. Would i need to do more than big bores to make the xray more suitable to u.s. tracks?
The Xray is quality wise very very nice, but I feel they should at least update it with Big Bores and an extended chassis to make it current with the 2nd gen truggys that are out.
The 8T is a very nice truggy, and as long as you follow the throttle/ brake servo adj setup addendum from Losi, you will be fine, heck there are people on here that have never added the oring under the tank, just adjusted their epa well, and never had an issue. I put a King Headz servo tray stiffener on mine, and only one oring and made sure my eps was set correctly and no problems
Old 11-28-2008, 12:13 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: romax

The Xray is quality wise very very nice, but I feel they should at least update it with Big Bores and an extended chassis to make it current with the 2nd gen truggys that are out.
The 8T is a very nice truggy, and as long as you follow the throttle/ brake servo adj setup addendum from Losi, you will be fine, heck there are people on here that have never added the oring under the tank, just adjusted their epa well, and never had an issue. I put a King Headz servo tray stiffener on mine, and only one oring and made sure my eps was set correctly and no problems

the o-rings did jack imo....i never ran them and never had an issue..........Under the tank ?[sm=confused.gif] you mean the tray ?