Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

engine mount????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
marlcidlosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine mount????

I would like to know if I do not want to use a starter box what would I need to upgrade on my new losi 8-T race roller? I plan on going with a axial28, or a engine under 180.00. Maybe the go 21 or the LRP z28. I am just trying to avoid buying more stuff. Do I need a starter box?? thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
K_B

Default RE: engine mount????

If you want to put an engine with a pull-start into the race roller, you'll need the RTR engine mounts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-LOSB5032-EN...3286.m20.l1116
Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM
marlcidlosi

is there any advantage to starter box??? any info on the axial engines??? I would like to do light racing light, mostly practing at first at local track and as money and interest builds I will upgrade.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
K_B

Starter boxes are more reliable. Pull-starts inevitably break and repairing them can be a pain from what I've seen. Having a pull-start on the engine also causes extra drag on the motor robbing power...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
marlcidlosi

what starter box would you recommend?? I plan again to use a go21, LRP z28 or maybe an axial to get started. I heard nightmares about the losi box, also do I need a truggy box, I want to get one that will not blow, and can start a engine well. thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
K_B

The OFNA truggy box is what I use. It's quite popular. I already went through the Losi starter box motor headache and went back to the truggy box.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12542

I also was able to get mine set up to start my 8ight buggy without having to reposition any of the pegs.