Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

radio servo issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 PM
d*xl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio servo issues

so my steering servo in my 8ight t cacked itself, no big surprise....
pulled out the radio tray, put in a new hi speed/torque servo and checked to see operation, all was well.
re-installed tray and put hump pack on to charge then when i went to try operation in car it went beserk...
throttle servo didnt settle and just kept throttling/braking, and steering servo didnt turn at all. i must note i accidentally left the haump pack to charge ovenight, where it usually only needs an hour or so and therefore it was very very hot.

what causing the problem? is it just the battery overheating, or something radio related?

what puzzled me is that the servos where functioning when the try was not in the car. but that was also before charging the hump pack for 14 hours..

any ideas?
cheers
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
bajaracer1501

Default RE: radio servo issues

My guess is your receiver pack is toast. I accidentally charged a battery pack at 2amps instead of .5 or 1amp...it was hot. I threw it in the car anyways and ran it...all of a sudden the throttle got twitchy then went WOT! Luckily it just crashed into some thick bushes.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 PM
fastlane01

Default RE: radio servo issues

Yeah I don't think you're supposed to run them straight off the charger when hot. I know you can't charge them right after running them when they're still warm