Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

battery pack for losi

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
marlcidlosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery pack for losi

I was wandering if any one had any suggetsions on a receiver battery pack for my losi 8 truggy.I bought the spectrum DX2 and need a good battery pack to work the receiver in the truck. I want something good but want to spend 30.00 orrunder so what are sopme options???
Old 01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
t-maxxmaniac

Default RE: battery pack for losi

ofna 1700 mah, i run it an its great
Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
losi101

When I had my 8t i used this.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18753

You will have to dremel out some plastic on the battery box top. This battery held up great running 2 ace 1015's. I made it through 3 heats with no problem. It may have held up for the main but i didn't want to risk it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
steve307b

How long does a battery pack usually last and can you overcharge them. My manual say's don't charge longer than 12 hours. I forgot it the other night so it charged longer. probably 14 0r 15 hours. Should I replace it? Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
l3asher

ORIGINAL: losi101

You will have to dremel out some plastic on the battery box top. This battery held up great running 2 ace 1015's. I made it through 3 heats with no problem. It may have held up for the main but i didn't want to risk it.

No need to dremel, just remove some of the foam padding and it will fit just fine.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
l3asher

ORIGINAL: steve307b

How long does a battery pack usually last and can you overcharge them. My manual say's don't charge longer than 12 hours. I forgot it the other night so it charged longer. probably 14 0r 15 hours. Should I replace it? Thanks

You should be fine.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
losi101

ORIGINAL: l3asher

No need to dremel, just remove some of the foam padding and it will fit just fine.
Yes that was an option after I realized I could, but then i thought i looked cool the way i had the battery box trimmed so i left it.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM
steve307b

You should be fine.
Thanks, I thought so, but being new to nitro rc I'm probably over thinking things, but loving every minute of it.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
JAMMINKRAZY

You should be fine.
Thanks, I thought so, but being new to nitro rc I'm probably over thinking things, but loving every minute of it.
What you need is a good peak charger that will charge it in under 1 hour and shut off whan it is done.

+1 on the stickman pack. very good battery.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
losi101

I believe every rc hobbiest should have a good peak charger. I bought a mrc 977 a year ago and it's the best money i've spent since the hobby. I can charge any battery I own at any rate from 1amp to 5amp. I can even charge 2 at a time.

With that being said if you invest in a good charger you won't need to buy one for a long time.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
steve307b

I believe every rc hobbiest should have a good peak charger. I bought a mrc 977 a year ago and it's the best money i've spent since the hobby. I can charge any battery I own at any rate from 1amp to 5amp. I can even charge 2 at a time.

With that being said if you invest in a good charger you won't need to buy one for a long time.
Excellent advice DONE. I've been screwing around with a cheap charger for my electric car. I'd like to have one good charger to take care of all of them.