Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Out of Curiosity ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of Curiosity ???

Anyone out there doing any telemetry readings on their Truggy?? I am doing it on my Hellfire.. but it doesnt matter what.. just want to know how its going for everyone else.
using the Spekturm DX3S with rpm/mph sensor, temp sensor, votage monitor built into the receiver, and a lap sensor. really allows you to see how your setup changes affect your lap times.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Default RE: Out of Curiosity ???

ive talked to a guy who has the dx3s and he likes the telemetry, but the sensors seem to be a big cheezy. he has had to replace the rpm sensor a few times and its not that reliable. but he likes it. i just ordered my dx3s should have it by the end of may (backordered) so im excited to see how acurate it is, but i might just end up junking the telemetry if its a hastle. cuz really, how often are you driving and look down at your remote?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM

I'll be using on on my brushless RC8t, mostly because I want to be able to check the motor temps.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: fox23

ive talked to a guy who has the dx3s and he likes the telemetry, but the sensors seem to be a big cheezy. he has had to replace the rpm sensor a few times and its not that reliable. but he likes it. i just ordered my dx3s should have it by the end of may (backordered) so im excited to see how acurate it is, but i might just end up junking the telemetry if its a hastle. cuz really, how often are you driving and look down at your remote?

I havent had any issues with them at all.. had some serious crashes and works fine.. well I take that back.. sticker that the sensor reads came off a couple of times.. so I just used a paint marker instead.. otherwise.. flawless.. great for knowing your max temps.. I use the [link=http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1330]lap counter[/link] with it as well and [link=http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1300]this[/link] .. great for setup on any track.. if you have someone with you at the track.. easy to make driving changes and see immediate results. plus !! the DX3 came with another receiver and all telemetry sensors.. when I got the kit it came with the telemetry receiver and all sensors.. so now I can equip my firestorm as well.