Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Newbie, What have I got

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Blubyu12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, What have I got

Ok,

New to the RC world, worked out a deal and bought 5 vehicles (used). I want to start racing so i'm trying to figure which class I can be in.

Losi Muggy: MT or Truggy? It's listed as a MT and that's the class I want to race it in. Is it MT or Truggy

HPI Hellfire: Gave that one to my son. Same thing, listed as MT but I've seen post that's has it listed as a Truggy

Tamiya Nitrage 5.2: I plan to race this in the Truggy class. Am I on track?

Ofna Mutilator: Truggy class as well? I may just use this one as a basher. Is it a better Truggy than the others?

Schumacher Menace 21: Don't think it'll ever see the offroad track. Plan to put some street tires on it and go Jato hunting. Any recommendations on the tires.

None of the vehicles are the latest and greatest but none of them have had more than 10 tanks for fuel through them. Matter of fact, the Mutilator has a brand new Axial .32 motor on it.

Any advise?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 AM
J24gordon

Default RE: Newbie, What have I got

ORIGINAL: Blubyu12

Ok,

New to the RC world, worked out a deal and bought 5 vehicles (used). I want to start racing so i'm trying to figure which class I can be in.

Losi Muggy: MT or Truggy? It's listed as a MT and that's the class I want to race it in. Is it MT or Truggy

HPI Hellfire: Gave that one to my son. Same thing, listed as MT but I've seen post that's has it listed as a Truggy

Tamiya Nitrage 5.2: I plan to race this in the Truggy class. Am I on track?

Ofna Mutilator: Truggy class as well? I may just use this one as a basher. Is it a better Truggy than the others?

Schumacher Menace 21: Don't think it'll ever see the offroad track. Plan to put some street tires on it and go Jato hunting. Any recommendations on the tires.

None of the vehicles are the latest and greatest but none of them have had more than 10 tanks for fuel through them. Matter of fact, the Mutilator has a brand new Axial .32 motor on it.

Any advise?
Losi Muggy: MT
HPI Hellfire: truggy
Ofna Mutilator: Truggy
Good luck at the track and welcome to the site!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:24 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard of Muggys running with MT's, which is total BS. It's just a truggy with big shocks..

Anyway, if you can run it in MT, then do that.

None of those cars you listed are really competitive truggies.. You'd be best off selling the Mutilator and Nitrage and getting a real race truggy, like a Losi 8T 2.0 or Associated RC8T or Jammin CRT X2...
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 AM
madmaxx1

a competitive car is one that finishe's the race! i say good deal and have fun! if you get more serious into racing upgrade your garage
Old 05-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Blubyu12

I probably will sell a couple of trucks down the road and get a real race truggy, however, for this year, I'll be using them to get my driving skills together. I come from the motorcycle dragracing world and the most important thing I learned from there is, "Get your skills together before you start upgrading to high level race stuff", power is nothing without control! Getting high level race truggy now would only mean more expensive crashes and smashes for me!!

So what qualifies a vehicle to be a MT?