Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFNA TRuggies which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA TRuggies which one?

Ihave narrowed mt truggy choice to the following truggies: THe OFNAHoboa RTR and the Jammin X2. What if any differnences??? Is one better??? Money is an issue so I can't get the LOsi RTR etc.... so just wandering??? ALso if I bought one of these would you upgrade the radio to a 2.4???
Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OFNA TRuggies which one?

the radio is terrible with the x2.i would be embarresed ta use it. the truck is real strong though an since cash is a issue its all good cause you can upgrade the parts as you go.sooner than later you can have it better than the crt kit.kingheadz.com makes great aftermarket stuff.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:26 PM

ya I thought the radio looked like junk! I would probably upgrade to 2.4 or something! Any other low budget truggies come to mind like the robtronics mantis, or maybe the Hyper hoboa???Any good??
Old 05-30-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would DEFINITELY get the Jammin X2 over the Hobao..  Unless you just want to bash..(and even then, Jammin...)

The Jammin is just a more modern design, and overall will be better..  The Hyper is not bad - it's just heavy and outdated...  (nice steering though, and tough..)

I wouldn't worry about the Jammin radio..  Screw it..  Depends who you run with and where though..  If often with lots of other people, then yes DSM..  I still use 40MhZ and like it - heck, no problem anymore now that everybody uses DSM..  

Do be aware though, a year from now you will almost definitely have spent more(not including extra tuning stuff for any truggy..)  including upgrades to whatever you get, than if you had just bought the Losi now..  If you plan on racing at all, and don't have a radio, box, etc.. - I would seriously recommend taking a harder look at your finances vis a vis the Losi 8T 2.0 RTR....  It's got everything... - DSM right there, startbox, kicka.ss(if thirsty...) engine..  I heard it might even come with startbox batteries..
Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM

Take a look at the TT ST-1. It's a great truggy for the money and tough as nails.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the RCTech forums, in the for sale section, they have Mugen MBX5-T rollers going for cheap all the time! I bought one off there just recently, got the Mugen MBX5-T with tons of aluminum goodies, tons of spares, 7 bodies, a BCE extended chassis, and 10 sets of wheels and tires for just $310 shipped. The Mugen MBX6-T just came out so alot of racers are selling off their MBX5-T's cheap. They are an excellent dual purpose truggy, VERY tough so they are good for bashing and handle great so they are good for racing. I highly recommend getting a MBX5-T while you can for such a low price used, and parts will almost always be available on nitrohouse.com.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 AM

no mater what this hobby is a cash pit,there just is no way around it.ur gonna spend thousands.an if you dont have stuff at home that u can reuse it takes at least 1000$ to build something decent..i believe its better ta buy nothing save a little longer and buy what u really want.cause ta hop up a x2 rtr ta kit form is 600 plus the 500 that ualready spent 4 the rtr. if u do want the x2 rtr the best price is at absolutehobbyz.com i think its 489 shipped.u aint gonna beat that price no where.if u look in my gallery i have a x2 rtr that i kingheadz' out,i dont think it could have been done better and im right at 1100$ no radio. and any way that force .28 that comes with it is kinda wack anyway the picco .28 i put in destroys it as it should .and yea u need ta go digital but your sayin it like it aint no thing,an your worried about cash.a remote is a car payment.good luck travis
Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I don't think he (or anybody IMO..) needs to completely bling it up with King Headz...  But even later with a decent engine and pipe, better servos, and a good radio, will easily be $500...  - over time of course..

Anyways, don't be discouraged, if money is really tight, get the X2 RTR and just have fun with it - and yeah, get the other bits you need when you can...
Old 05-31-2009, 01:54 AM

This argument can go on forever. Facts are this. Just about any kit is going to get the job done. It really depends on you. Do you need to spend a $1000 to have a nice kit? HELLNO! Ihave a $199 ready to run Raze ST. It came with tons of aluminum upgrades, kick ass warranty and everything u need. It holds it own in club races. Money doesnt make the Truggy, the driver and how you set it up does. Take a good long look at the Raze ST i will post a link to the review that RCUdone, you will be suprised, but the Jammin is hella nice and i would not be scared to buy it.

<a href="http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=955">http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=955
</a>

Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 AM

yea its built really well,u will have a good time with it.and if ur new u wont get dicouraged because the motor in the kit starts easily,and is easy 2 tune.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: we go hard in jersey

no mater what this hobby is a cash pit,there just is no way around it.ur gonna spend thousands.an if you dont have stuff at home that u can reuse it takes at least 1000$ to build something decent..i believe its better ta buy nothing save a little longer and buy what u really want.cause ta hop up a x2 rtr ta kit form is 600 plus the 500 that u already spent 4 the rtr. if u do want the x2 rtr the best price is at absolutehobbyz.com i think its 489 shipped.u aint gonna beat that price no where.if u look in my gallery i have a x2 rtr that i kingheadz' out,i dont think it could have been done better and im right at 1100$ no radio. and any way that force .28 that comes with it is kinda wack anyway the picco .28 i put in destroys it as it should .and yea u need ta go digital but your sayin it like it aint no thing,an your worried about cash.a remote is a car payment.good luck travis
Have you ever had an English teacher? Come on man, a little bit of proper grammar and punctuation makes it alot easier for people to read.

But I do agree with you, buy nothing and save your money up, then buy something really nice that you want and don't settle for something "cheap" because you want it now.