Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RC8Te vs LSP2

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
bhcvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8Te vs LSP2

I can get a USED RC8Te and a NEW LSP2 with RCM mount for about the same price (less than $20 difference). I think the LSP2 kit came out a little over a year ago so it's not that "old", but I don't know how much "older" the design is relative to the RC8T design.

I'm sure the RC8Te will handle better, but seeing as I'm a poor driver anyways, I doubt I'd notice a huge difference. Which one is more durable? My ST-1 has surprised me as I've had some horrible crashes at the track and it's fine (while I saw an 8T 1.0 bend a shock tower on it's first run on a crash that didn't look as severe as mine). So, durability is a big part, especially since my wife will be driving it also (and she drives worse than me, didn't think that was possible...haha).

What design advantages does the RC8Te have over the LSP2?
The LSP2 seems to have more carbon fiber parts whereas the RC8Te replaces the RC8T's CF parts plastic or aluminum.
And of course, there's the Used vs. New thing too.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Mufasa_719

Default RE: RC8Te vs LSP2

only a Few changes from the LSP1.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
DrDremel

Default RE: RC8Te vs LSP2

I love my RC8T and have never had a durability issue with mine, and I run it hard and weekly. I don't know anything about the LSP2, so I can't say "obe is better than the other" or anything like that.