Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HPI firestorm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
jawoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI firestorm?

Hey guys I have a few questions about the HPI firestorm... I saw that it has a pull start on it...? Does that mean you don't need glow plugs, etc. and is it a good truck, I have the E-Firestorm and was thinking of getting the nitro one .
Old 07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
misasi

Default RE: HPI firestorm?

1) The firestorm is not a truggy. it is a 1/10th stadium truck.
2) Every nitro engine requires glow plugs. a pull start is just a method used to start the nitro engine. you also need a glow plug driver when using a pull start.
3) It is a good tough truck for a 1/10th scale. If you are racing on a track there are better options then the firestorm.

You are better off posting in the Stadium truck section http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_243/tt.htm . You will get quicker feedback and there is already a firestorm thread there.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
K_B

I think masasi pretty much covered the bases but I would like to add that if you're new to nitro and you already have the electric firestorm, I wouldn't bother with the nitro version if I were you.

The electric (flux version anyway) is faster, cleaner and less maintenance; just an all-around better performer. If you still want to get into nitro and you're happy with how your electric handles, then by all means get the nitro firestorm. There are better trucks out there, but this way, you have spare parts already on hand since both trucks share the same basic platform.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: K_B

I think masasi pretty much covered the bases but I would like to add that if you're new to nitro and you already have the electric firestorm, I wouldn't bother with the nitro version if I were you.

The electric (flux version anyway) is faster, cleaner and less maintenance; just an all-around better performer. If you still want to get into nitro and you're happy with how your electric handles, then by all means get the nitro firestorm. There are better trucks out there, but this way, you have spare parts already on hand since both trucks share the same basic platform.
Not turning this into a nitro vs electric thing
haha even if you go electric you still want some of the good stuff nitro offers. maybe he wants the more maintenance, more noise , more mess, you know the good stuff
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
jawoul

I'd like more noise, speed, and durability... which nitro offers but i can get the speed out of a brushless and durability with up-grades... but the noise.... something electric can't do ... oh and the maintenance thing, well i had a T-Maxx before from ebay (oops) and the guy totally trashed it before sending so I worked on that all the time but in the end i sold it... so I guess could say that I want that :/
Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: jawoul

I'd like more noise, speed, and durability... which nitro offers but i can get the speed out of a brushless and durability with up-grades... but the noise.... something electric can't do ... oh and the maintenance thing, well i had a T-Maxx before from ebay (oops) and the guy totally trashed it before sending so I worked on that all the time but in the end i sold it... so I guess could say that I want that :/
yes brushless is faster than nitro but you gotta pay more for speed with brushless than nitro
Old 07-29-2009, 02:07 AM
K_B

I'm a nitro guy myself. But the .12/.15 engines don't really have the "noise". If I'm gonna deal with the maintenance and tinkering involved with nitro, I want to see some performance out of it And nothing performs like an 1/8 buggy or truggy. On the track anyway...

For bashing, electric is the way to go; instant gratification Plus you can run it in front of the house without annoying the neighbors...
Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

I'm a nitro guy myself. But the .12/.15 engines don't really have the ''noise''. If I'm gonna deal with the maintenance and tinkering involved with nitro, I want to see some performance out of it And nothing performs like an 1/8 buggy or truggy. On the track anyway...

For bashing, electric is the way to go; instant gratification Plus you can run it in front of the house without annoying the neighbors...
Oh soooo true, plus I saw you mentioned durability, a 1/8 nitro is 10 times tougher than a nitro ST to be honest, I ran STs for a while, and after getting a buggy and a truggy, the difference in durability is like night and day. after any small mishaps say a bad landing or cartwheel with my 1/10 vehicles I would have to replace this or that, or have this rod bent, or that part busted... take a 1/8 in those same scenarios and well as long as they aren't upside down they will generally keep on going as the rods are 3x thicker and not going to bend, etc... you have to really smack into something hard to break the 1/8ths is what I am basically getting at... wheras in a 1/10th ST the same sort of collision would leave you with a pile of parts...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM
dominicevans

I'm a nitro guy myself. But the .12/.15 engines don't really have the ''noise''. If I'm gonna deal with the maintenance and tinkering involved with nitro, I want to see some performance out of it And nothing performs like an 1/8 buggy or truggy. On the track anyway...

screw the neighbors lol

just carry them a pie every Sunday then you can run nitro at midnight
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
djzachtyler

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

screw the neighbors lol

just carry them a pie every Sunday then you can run nitro at midnight
LMAO!!! if ony thast worked as good as it sounds... I personally do not believe in arming neighbors with easily throwable food... pie is a B**** to get outof your hair!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:21 PM
rcpowerhorse

how would you know that
Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM
djzachtyler