Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Help!! I dont know what I want!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Help!! I dont know what I want!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! I dont know what I want!

Hi guys.
Well ive been very indecisive other the past month or so and I need some advice... I have a Hyper 7 buggy which i really like and have some good electronics on it and a nice engine and clutch. I also have a Jato,a rustler, 1/10 onroad nitro and 1/18 Asso RC18T.
Now comes the big question, I have been wanting a truggy or MT for some time now but I dont know which!
There are a few ok tracks near me which I go to every once in a while and sometimes have small club races but these tracks are not that great. Thats said there is a really good track not too far away which you have to be a member of to use and Im not sure if im prepared to pay the amount of money every month not because its a lot but because I am usually pretty busy and dont gave much to go to it.
I started out wanting a savge, thought since I dont go to the track much I can bash this around a BMX track there is etc and if I want a track I can with the Hyper.... YES, BUT:
1/ The savage is limited to only bashing and I dont have that many great places except that BMX track which I have gone to twice in 1 year
2/ The savage is a lot more expensive than what Im looking at
3/ I cant use my engines form the hyper on the savage...

I have seen a losi Eight T 1.0 Truggy in very good condition for about 160Euros, 200$, I have extra servos and radios which I could use with it and an extra motor, clutch and pipe, so it is the cheaper option for sure but I dont know what to do!
I could get the truggy put my V-spec in it and have the nova N21bf on the hyper and change the good servos on the hyper into the truggy (sanwa vz) and basically have the hyper for my dad to use when he comes with me or a friend.
How bashable is the truggy? What I like about the truggy is the track use, I can use it at the track which is great as I like the truggy concept and look and I can probably take it to a BMX track, right? What do you think is my best bet?
I have too many cars at the moment and would like to sell something but I hardly get any money back for what I want to sell so it just seems stupid to let go of something for 40% of what it cost or less!
What do you think!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Nesal

Default RE: Help!! I dont know what I want!

By the way i have also considered a Revo since I can get one for about 350$ used but I dont love the idea....!!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
rcpowerhorse

well as you said truggys can bash and race
i would recommend going to your LHS and seeing if they have what you want and if they dont then go online
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

I would go with what you can easily get parts for... I have an 8ight-t 2.0, and a savage, and a Hyper 7, and each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. The savage as you said is an ultimate basher, hard to destroy ( except for the pinions in the diffs from what I hear) and as far as engine swappability, if you want to put that V-Spec into something other than the Hyper 7, you would definately want to look at the truggy. Truggies are just as durable as a monster truck since it is a hybrid of the buggy and MT you really couldn't go wrong going that route IMO. SOunds to me you would be happiest if you went with thaqt 8ight-t it is a solid truck and won't disappoint you even if it is for bashing around with... plus it will handle much better in the air than an MT... Also something to keep in mind, if you plan to keep the hyper for your dad or when friends want to come with, the truggy would be more fun to race against the buggy, otherwise there would be no competition... I would stay away from the revo, not that is is a bad vehicle, it is pretty solid in it's own right, but 1/8 scalers are much more durable in the long run...
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 PM
stussman

A good quality truggy is way better to bash with. Better on jumps, turns,straight lines, tougher, but doesnt do wheelies. If you dont need wheelies get the truggy and have a blast bashing and racing.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
khudzik

Would be 8ight-T 2.0 for me. My buddy is ripping one open as I'm typing.
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetail.php?prod=LOSA0805
Old 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
stagga

hyper st pro perhaps?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: stussman

A good quality truggy is way better to bash with. Better on jumps, turns,straight lines, tougher, but doesnt do wheelies. If you dont need wheelies get the truggy and have a blast bashing and racing.

truggy's Can do wheelies...you just need a Horkin powerful motor, thick center diff oil and some really gnarly tires to give you the grip....truggy's can 100% wheelie no problem's
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i was looking at some truggies toda at my shop made by Losi but the price is just 2 much for me. i wish i could afford an 8IGHT-T 2.0 they had one there.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
bhcvc

I bash in areas where my truggy won't go over (I always wonder if something broke when my truggy hits something at 30mph that I'm used to going over with my MT). My bash areas have large obstacles. Since you don't have bashing spots like mine and your bash spots are fairly smooth, I would completely recommend a truggy for you. They're extremely tough and handles great relative to a MT. And as mentioned above, it will be more fun to run with your Hyper. I have a used 8ight-T 1.0 on it's way to me. My friend has a couple of 1.0s and praises them. I think you'd be fine with them. I can't afford the new truggies, so I tend to look for used ones of the previous models which are typically much cheaper. The 8ight-T 1.0s are the most plentiful right now as everyone wants the 2.0s. I've been trying to find good deals on MBX5Ts and Jammin X1s, but haven't found deals I like yet, but those are really good previous-generation truggies you should look into also.
If you want a new one that's affordable, check out amainhobbies.com and look at the Thunder Tiger ST-1. Beefy and tough truggy! And under $300 new!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
djzachtyler

I have heard alot of mixed reviews on the thunder tiger truggy honestly, granted I have never owned or driven one, but it didn't get the best write up in RC car action either... I would say look for a used 8ight-t 1.0 there are alot available out there and it is a good solid truggy... only difference really between the 1.0 and 2.0 is chassis length, and the wider arms, which help it handle better, but the 1.0 is a great truggy by far!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

I have heard alot of mixed reviews on the thunder tiger truggy honestly, granted I have never owned or driven one, but it didn't get the best write up in RC car action either... I would say look for a used 8ight-t 1.0 there are alot available out there and it is a good solid truggy... only difference really between the 1.0 and 2.0 is chassis length, and the wider arms, which help it handle better, but the 1.0 is a great truggy by far!

there's A LOT more then just chassis length and longer arms.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
bhcvc

This might pertain to the OP's question (if not, sorry), but can someone list the differences between the 1.0 and 2.0?
I have a 1.0 on the way to me.

As for the TTR ST-1, it's one of those "old" design truggies, so it's narrower and shorter than the current/new truggies. I don't race (juts have fun at the track), so I can't comment how well it handles considering I need to improve my driving before I can critique any truck's capabilities, but I can say it is one damn tough truggy. Just looking at the parts, it's beefy. At the last track visit, my ST-1 took some huge hits (really bad landings) and nothing happened while another guy's 8B 1.0 buggy bent a shock tower from landings that didn't look as bad as mine.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:38 PM
rcadict

the JAMMIN X2 TRUGGY rtr is tough as nails, the radio is not that great, but that don't affect anything, just upgrade later, it's alot tougher than the REVO i had, i had this thing jumping 12 to 15 feet in the air , and done that for hours and broke nothing
Old 08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

I have an 8ight-t 1.0 Race Roller that i would sell. [email protected]

Old 08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Nesal

Thanks for the advice guys im still thinking about it but will probably be going with the eight T! My only problem is I will be finishing college soon and myplan is to go work in the US but everything depends on what jobs I am offered so I might leave the truggy for my new home in about 9 months! If I start going to tracks in Spain I will probably pick one up before though!
Funny thing, Im in the Dominican Republic doing an internship and of course I didnt bring any rcs for 2 reasons:
1/ Its dangerous here and people dont walk on the street alone much
2/ I imagined there werent many hobby shops here, I looked on the internet before coming etc and there was nothing so I decided not to bring anything

Well guess what!! I get here on a Sunday, get to the apartment move in bla bla bla, start work the next day and as Im leaving work at 6 pm I notice a huge track (a lot bigger than rc) right in front of the office and ask the taxi drives what the hell is that? and he says oh they race go karts over there and over here they race small cars. So I say can we go by the track? he says yeah sure. I ask him what he means by small cars and he says little gas radio controlled cars. MY eyes light up!!!! I must say the track is pretty cool!!! impressive to say the least.l Its not huge but definitely big, its an onroad track and they race 1/10 to 1/5 and even rc motorcycles!! very cool and a very nice coincidence that its RIGHT INFRONT OF THE OFFICE!!!

I should have brought my 1/10 or at least my rc18t!! If I can I will post some pics of sundays race but I only have my phone with me!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
bigblockt-maxx

thats conveniet
Old 08-10-2009, 09:20 PM
djzachtyler

WOW!!! of all the luck huh!