Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Tires For Z01T

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires For Z01T

I'm looking at buying two sets of tires, as well as another set of rims for my Z01T. I'm not to sure what types of tracks I'll be running on, since I just got to Norcal, and I'm sure I'll run several tracks since there seem to be plenty within driving distance. So, I would like to buy a set for a more loamy, loose type track, and another set for more of a hard packed surface. I will admit, this is my first full race vehicle, so it's going to be a long process of trial and error on my part, which is why I'd like to try two sets, and then adjust from there as needed. Also what type of wheels would you recommend? I have the factory set, but I didn't know if there was another brand, maybe better wheel, than these I should try as well?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
DrDremel

Default RE: Tires For Z01T

For dusty loamy conditions, I'd go with a combo of AKA City Blocks on the fron AKA I-Beams on the rear, all four with AKA rims. For the more hard packed tracks, try Pro-Line Hole-Shots, M2 compound if ya want em to last, M3 if you want em to really really grip, solid dish wheels. There are other brands of tires out there, but that's I've found works pretty well. Try to stay away from spoked rims, solid dish wheels keep more dirt out and are stronger too.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
TVG

Default RE: Tires For Z01T

Any updates to this as I just picked up a Z01T to be converted to electric. I heard from some that the VP Pro Cutoff's Medium Flex seems to do well across the board. I know a sponsored driver uses JConcepts crosshairs at our local track...