Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

RC8Te or RC8t with conversion kit?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RC8Te or RC8t with conversion kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Tasheez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8Te or RC8t with conversion kit?

I've decided that my next RC car is going to be a truggy, it was a choice between the RC8t or the Losi 8ight 2.0, but I've decided I'm going to get the RC8t because the 8ight 2.0 is just simply very expensive. So now I'm faced with a dilemma: I want to have an electric truggy but there's only one choice which is the RC8Te, the reason I considered both models were because conversion kits existed for both of them which made it possible to make it electric powered very easily. So now I'm stuck between an RC8Te or buying a nitro kit RC8t with an e-conversion kit. So which way is better? and If I were to get a nitro RC8T kit, which one should I get? The factory team championship edition kit or the RC8T competition kit? Which one would be a better buy?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
K_B

Default RE: RC8Te or RC8t with conversion kit?

Pay close attention to the shocks. I was just talking to somebody about the RC8Te yesterday and he said the shocks on the "E" are the plastic ones. Which also means they aren't the nice big bore shocks either. The Factory Team edition will certainly have the big bore shocks, which are a noticeable performance improvement over the standard shocks.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really?? I think the SC8 and SC8e come with the plastic small shocks, but that would suprise me if the RC8Te had different shocks..
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
chaserogesr14

actually the shocks are big bores but they are plastic, if cost isnt a worry i would go the the champ edition and convert
Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
K_B

As I think more about it, I remember reading somewhere that the plastic shocks on the "E" are not meant as a cost saving measure. Team drivers actually prefer the plastic body shocks on the electric for some reason. I would still rather have the Factory Team edition or the limited "Championship" edition. The CE version has ALL the bells-n-whistles...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 PM
NitroBurn1

The plastic shocks and chassis braces on my RC8Te broke so I replaced them with Factory Team parts. I think its still cheaper to go with the RC8Te and upgrade those parts if you are wanting to go electric. After I made these upgrades to my RC8Te, it is an awesome truggy and tough as nails.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:22 PM
chaserogesr14

yes i agree, the E is still much cheaper and you can easily upgrade it to E champ edition. The Rc8t CE is probably going to be my next truck
Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
bhcvc

I've looked into the same thing and decided on the RC8Te (haven't bought it yet...need to recoup on funds). My main reason is cost. Buying the nitro version and then converting is considerly more expensive (to me at least...expensive is a relative term). And I don't mind the shocks as long as they hold. If they die, I have a set of Losi 8T 2.0 shocks I can put on which I think are similar length.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
TheCore

i was faced with that exact same decision since for christmas i was getting me and my wife either a losi 8e and a 8te or the rc8e/rc8te. i ended up getting the rc8e/rc8te combination since the prices on the losi trucks were just nuts. so far i have her buggy built and i was very impressed with the quality, i'm also planning on eventually upgrading to the CE parts as they either break, fail, or my wallet allows. i started building my truggy the other night and i expect that will go just as easy as the buggy.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Tasheez

Yeah I think I've decided now. Gonna get the RC8te since its cheaper to buy it then upgrade it. However will the CE body fit the electric version? I've got my eye on that body, looks pretty sweet for it.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 PM
K_B

Yeah, it'll fit...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

when ya get the punisher body for the rc8te make sure ya get the one for carbon towers and not the one for aluminum towers ... i got a champ truck and was gonna build it nitro .. got motor and pipe in was 500 .. and now im gonna do a e-conversion instead LOL guess i can swap it back in the summer for out door season
Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
rezac

I know this is an old thread...Make sure you upgrade the shocks, I bought the RC8Te and the plastic shocks don't hold up to my abuse, not much does, I put on the new shocks but i haven't driven it yet.