Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Going to Start Racing. Need Help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Going to Start Racing. Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:53 PM
psychoknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Start Racing. Need Help!

Hi,

Alright I have recently been getting my Traxxas Rustler fixed(Fixing, upgrading or buying new stuff!) and getting ready to finally start racing in the Rookie class at my local Hooby Track. I have a 7.2v 3300mAh Battery, powering a Stock 20t Brushless Motor with a Super Rooster ESC, a Sx-1 Hpi Servo and a old DuraTrax RX-100 Recevier. When I go out to drive around Ive timed my battery and I start to slow down(To be Ineffective in a race) in around 5mins to around 5minutes 30 seconds, ive watched many races online and in person and seen they all race for around 6mins to around 6 mins 30 seconds, I do have it on almost full throttle the entire time.... Will I get a longer effective drive time that will keep me in a race if I slow more for corners and and in smaller Straights?

Thanks,

Michael / EMPRC
Old 06-26-2010, 01:57 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Going to Start Racing. Need Help!

Yep.Be a lil more gracious with your throttle.I wouldnt go by other cars.The motors wont be the same efficiency, the battery wont be the exact mah, and your radios are different and calibrate differently, and how you work the throttle all play a part.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:11 PM
psychoknight

Default RE: Going to Start Racing. Need Help!

Thank you very Much!