RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   MAYHEM ST ? 's (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/3642297-mayhem-st-s.html)

stingray5280 01-21-2006 09:24 PM

RE: MAYHEM ST ? 's

those are some nice looking mayhem st 's , what axels are you guys running with your 40 series rims and tires ? is there a link to the adapters ?

thanks .

ramfactor 01-21-2006 09:28 PM

I'm using ProLine Savage adapters.
http://www.hobbieguyrc.com/shop/cart...oline+adapters

KY Mayhem 01-21-2006 11:07 PM

Savage adapters here too. Hey Ram cool truck. I loved those blue bodies when the came out. I hate the stickers i put on mine. They were proline internal stickers. After i painted them I loved the colors and thought the stickers were poop. LOL

KY Mayhem 01-21-2006 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a closer look at the paint[img][/img]

KY Mayhem 01-21-2006 11:12 PM

wow that turned out big LOL

stingray5280 01-21-2006 11:34 PM

hey ky mayhem , how did you attach that wing , rivots ? what did you make that out of ? looks sweet . nice job

FE_Chris 01-22-2006 12:39 AM

Looks like he used the Mayhem Buggy wing mount(it bolts right up no mods) and the proline wing. I know because thats my setup :D It works nice. Even though you have to hack the crap out of the body. Ahh, the open rear end kinda looks mean anyway. No big deal.

Nice looking mayhem Ky Mayhem!!! I dig it!!!

EDIT: LOL. I was thinking of Ram Factors MST. HE has the buggy wing mount and proline wing lol

ORIGINAL: stingray5280

hey ky mayhem , how did you attach that wing , rivots ? what did you make that out of ? looks sweet . nice job

KY Mayhem 01-22-2006 01:13 AM

The small wing on the that red and silver body is a piece of lexan i got at my local track. I just drilled the holes and used a couple of screws, washers and lock nuts. I didnt put my buggy mount back on it because im actually getting both of my cars ready for the spring and im praying that sportwerks brings out a longer mount. If they dont i guess ill have to cut my body but im praying. In the mean time im going to try and fabricate a mount using the buggy's mount and some aluminum. When im done ill take a pic and show it. The only thing is that ive seen people try it but they broke so im going to try to make one thats strong but lite. Where is everyone from in here? Im in Kentucky as you may have guessed

KY Mayhem 01-22-2006 01:18 AM

Thanx Dod. I hate those internals i used but i guess theres no going back now LOL .

stingray5280 01-22-2006 01:48 AM

Boise , Idaho

ramfactor 01-22-2006 09:52 AM

Oklahoma! Go Sooners! ;)

Biodragen 01-22-2006 01:05 PM

hey guys just following along here.

I like that red paint job. I did somethin g like to to my NTC3---how dod you do that effect?

Any in general I was wondering if there are BLUE chassis mud guard that will fit on the Mayhem or the ST.

Brian

KY Mayhem 01-22-2006 06:34 PM

I havent seen any other color in the mud guards. I wouldn't expect sportwerks to come out with them either. I took red air brush paint and poured it in to a dish then dabbed a platic bag in it. Then dab it on the body and then i covered it with black. It turned out better than i thought it would. I just wished that i wouldn't have used those internal graphics from proline. If you look in my garage i did my 5 year old son's mf2 like that using green and silver.

Biodragen 01-22-2006 07:52 PM

Okay just what I thought.
I wondered if Losi has them??

As for the PJ---I did the same with my NTC3 but with three colors with blue and purples.

FE_Chris 01-22-2006 08:31 PM

I tried to race the mayhem today at the track. I broke a knuckle about 10 practice laps in. I hit a tube at a wierd angle with the front left tire only, and it was pretty hard. So hard I HEARD the knuckle snap. I wish they would come out with aluminum ones like my jammin. :)

Speaking of that...I won the B-main with it today!!! But not with the MST [:o]

The jammin's cool....But man....I'll NEVER sell my Mayhem ST. It's a pertty truck :D

Biodragen 01-23-2006 08:11 PM

The Truck is actually pretty good IMO.
Like any RTR it needs some attention.

I blew my motor in less than a tank and I had put in the WASP 28 and let me tell you this--truck runs like a bat outta hell.
Very fast and quick on the start and really takes the jumps.
I would say much better than the stock motor by far.

If you plan on racing I dunno how well the aluminum arms will hold up. I know on samller trucks they do tend to bend.
Down side to that is when you bend it back it just becomes weaker where it was bent.

I would change out the shock towers and stifners and if you can afford it the bulkheads.
Then get a spare set of arms all the way around. It is cheaper and not only that they are swapable to eaither side.
There is no left or right side but the knuckles are a left and right.

RPM will make parts for the Mayem but they need to get hammered with lots of e-mails asking them to make the parts.
Then and only then will they even consider it.

KY Mayhem 01-23-2006 08:28 PM

Its funny that you blew an engine. I guess they are all different in some way. I ran my engine all year and in the last 4 monthes didnt have to touch my needles at all. Its more dependable than my real truck.

Biodragen 01-23-2006 08:50 PM

Well when I first got it the flywheel was not shimmed at all causing it to get locked up.
The the one-way blew after the third tank.

The stress that was put on the crank from the locked up flywheel in the beginning is reason enough for this motor to go so quickly.
That is what went when it blew was the crank right where the connecting rod hooks up, just that lil bend there broke of clean.
From what others said after seening it agreed that that is part of the cause and the rest looked to be a defect.
It was not even running hot--I was in the 230 range during the race and it was temped right around that when it was pulled off the track.

I bought this truck Oct 21st of 05 and just broke the motor in before it got too cold outside.

So I sent the motor in for warrenty work---I guess it is getting fixed cuz I had not heard anything back yet and it has been just over a week.
No news is good news??? maybe.

KY Mayhem 01-23-2006 10:09 PM

My engine runs at 250 all the time. Im serious i havent had to touch it in cold or warm weather. I put a back plate and the lower engine mount on mine before i even broke it in. Yeah years ago i learned not to trust any rtr. I take my cars apart and rebuild them from scratch. I wish they would make them in kits.

Biodragen 01-23-2006 11:08 PM

Well you got lucky I guess.
I know motor are not all identical with how they behave.
Some do better on breakins than others do and require more tinkering.

tzque 01-24-2006 08:40 AM

I blew my motor as well . I wasnt running it lean or anything . I did the proper break in . this is the first motor I have ever had go so fast . I am calling today to send mine back . I have the picco 26 in it for now but I feel they should replace it . My throttle servo went as well .

Biodragen 01-26-2006 03:48 PM

Well if you had it in less than 3 months I think you are okay and they are kewl about it.

NITROSENSE 02-02-2006 05:14 PM

Hi Mayhem Guys your request have not gone unheard.
Here is a extended balanced racing chassis for your
Sportwerks ST. Some of the features will include
Ofna Tank option (150cc) Billet towers Billet braces,
and a custom 1 piece motor mount.
Pictured is a first run proto. More pics to follow.
Pre order sales will be available soon.

any info [email protected]
Thank you Bill

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/mayhemx1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/mayhemx2.jpg
BCE RC RACING MXST 7075 PRO CHASSIS

crazysavage 02-02-2006 07:19 PM

It's not just a rumor, Sportwerks is revising the entire truck for spring and all you will need is the chassis. There are other after market guys whom make unrivaled parts that will be head and shoulders above the factory stuff and I would reccomend getting an extended chassis in few weeks. As far as KY Mayhem...he is an example of a person who prepares for running his equiptment. He can predict what needs attention and makes sure things have a low chance of failure that ruin your day. Ready to Run just does not exist and everyone should face it. Do you actually think and 18 jear old chick in china or indonesia, working for a dollar a day with a guy making ten dollars a day standing over her cracking a whip telling her to move faster, gives a hoot how these things are put together. Ready to runs reduce your building time but they do not eliminate it. If you rely on ready to runs to be ready you will not.

dirtybrd 02-03-2006 09:33 PM

Do you know who all is putting out these aftermarket parts? I'm itching to get some stuff other than what Sportwerks is putting out.

crazysavage 02-03-2006 09:51 PM

Page up dude, the chassis is pictured above. It is the single most important up grade you can do to your ST. All other stuff is eye candy.

eehsnab 02-08-2006 01:33 PM

I've been running a highly modded Revo for awhile now and always was curious about runnin a truggy. Well, last weekend my local hobby shop had the mayhem st rtr for $350 out the door so I picked one up. Gotta say this is a great rig, especially for the money! Got some bids out on ebay on some CF parts already. The more I drive this thing the more I like it. I'm hoping to get out to the track this weekend and try her out.

annie_himself 02-08-2006 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

Page up dude, the chassis is pictured above. It is the single most important up grade you can do to your ST. All other stuff is eye candy.
Even the 5mm thick towers?

crazysavage 02-08-2006 04:35 PM

The towers are important if they bend easy but BCE will do a chassis, engine mount and tower combo that will knock your socks off and the handling is what it's all about and the extended chassis will make the truck really get around the track.

FE_Chris 02-08-2006 06:57 PM

Hey dudes!!! I always bust front knuckles [:@] Any chance on some alloy ones??????????

chrisrhere 02-09-2006 04:34 PM

I have been running the mayem ST for some time. i recommend the front and rear alum. arms. if your local track has anything more than tame jumps, you will be replacing them on a regular basis. also upgrade the chassis stiffeners to the round version, ive bent the stock ones pretty easily. the 5mm shock towers dont hurt either. i ran the stock towers for some time, they bent easily, but the also bend back with a little elbow grease. also, if you are going to be racing change the hex to 23mm (I used the TMAXX extensions) they make the truck about 1/2" wider. i ran the 14mm for a few races and, well had to buy new rims and tires. the 14mm, and even the 17mm hex's are just not enough to handle the torque the motor puts out. ALSO . . THE HUMMBER BODY does work. i use it, it is a little snug, but, the two i bought for some reason are thicker than usual bodies and provide lots of protection. Hope this helps.

FE_Chris 02-09-2006 09:46 PM

I disagree on the arms. I have put almost 2 gallons of racing on my Mayhem ST and I just recently broke an arm because I smacked a beam that holds up the ceiling on our indoor track!!! Ouch it almost hurt me :D Other than that I have taken tons of hard spills with my mayhem, it all holds up well, just not the steering knuckles. IMO

ORIGINAL: chrisrhere

I have been running the mayem ST for some time. i recommend the front and rear alum. arms. if your local track has anything more than tame jumps, you will be replacing them on a regular basis. also upgrade the chassis stiffeners to the round version, ive bent the stock ones pretty easily. the 5mm shock towers dont hurt either. i ran the stock towers for some time, they bent easily, but the also bend back with a little elbow grease. also, if you are going to be racing change the hex to 23mm (I used the TMAXX extensions) they make the truck about 1/2" wider. i ran the 14mm for a few races and, well had to buy new rims and tires. the 14mm, and even the 17mm hex's are just not enough to handle the torque the motor puts out. ALSO . . THE HUMMBER BODY does work. i use it, it is a little snug, but, the two i bought for some reason are thicker than usual bodies and provide lots of protection. Hope this helps.

crazysavage 02-09-2006 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

I disagree on the arms. I have put almost 2 gallons of racing on my Mayhem ST and I just recently broke an arm because I smacked a beam that holds up the ceiling on our indoor track!!! Ouch it almost hurt me :D Other than that I have taken tons of hard spills with my mayhem, it all holds up well, just not the steering knuckles. IMO

ORIGINAL: chrisrhere

The above, is a testament to what I have been saying. Parts are coming from third world countries, they are in the game to make a buck, controls on these people are limited, they substitute raw materials at different times and create in ferior lots of parts and up their profits when they can. We pay the price with fluctuating quality.

KY Mayhem 02-10-2006 08:42 AM

I have to agree with Dod on this one. I raced for 6 months and broke 1 A-arm. That happend when I too hit a 4x4 post at 40 mph. These thick plastic arms work great and are very strong. The thicker shock towers are the only thing Sportwerks has brought out that are worth having. The other stuff is for looks. Save your money and wait for the extended chassis.

revo=fast 02-12-2006 09:08 AM

how much longer is that chassis?? also, are there any aftermarket shock towers besides the ones from sportwerks?? i plan on selling my savage any putting more money on the mayhem.

crazysavage 02-12-2006 09:31 AM

The chassis will be at least 1.5 inches longer but that will be determined during the testing process, now this is for the BCE chassis and BCE will be making a shock tower and cnc brace system for the mayhem. This package will most likely be ready for sale before the factory chassis and it will be stiff and strong and properly done. BCE is top quality at reasonable prices.

http://tinypic.com/nd5ymc.jpg

This is another set up being developed but I'm waiting for the BCE package. Again I must say that when you see BCE's chassis braces and shock towers, you will be amazed.

st basher 05-13-2006 10:53 PM

hey crazysavage, i was just wondering when and where i can get that setup.

crazysavage 05-14-2006 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: st basher

hey crazysavage, i was just wondering when and where i can get that setup.
http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...?showforum=103
You have to contact them through the information on this site. You can contact BCE also.

Turanden 05-14-2006 12:37 PM

Thinking of opening up the Mayhem ST I have for sale for my nephew. I was just wondering, how does this truck fly since it has the shorter chassis? I would think that it would be hard to control in the air. He is only 9 and think this would be an ok starter truck for him since I have 2 Mayhem buggies and would have a lot of the extra parts he would need, plus the price is great. The only thing is there are a decent amount of jumps on our track and I dont want him on the lid more than on the tires since I think he would be discouraged. Thanks

revo=fast 05-14-2006 04:57 PM

i must say it flys very well. and very level. i have black springs all around, 50wt shock oil, and panther baos on wide off set 23mm wheels.