RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   MAYHEM ST ? 's (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/3642297-mayhem-st-s.html)

stingray5280 05-15-2006 07:32 PM

RE: MAYHEM ST ? 's

my mayhem ST flys great , alot better them my friend s revo , thats for sure....

crazysavage 05-15-2006 09:12 PM

The Mayhem ST flies good but not great. The CRT,LSP,ST-R...they fly great. If you race against other truggies you will see the difference immediately. For a young beginning driver, an extended chassis would make it much easier for him to drive consistant laps and not get frustrated too easy. The May hem is fast and when it is set up right, a good driver can hang with anybody but it takes more concentration to drive fast when compared to a well set up Jammin CRT, or any other extended chassis truggy. I run both and this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

FE_Chris 05-15-2006 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup. I have had my MST for a while now, and I had a Jammin CRT Pro Kit for a while and it was easier to drive the the MST. I loved the jammin, but I do not have the time to race so much, so I sold it cause it was sitting. To be honest, I also sold it because I like to drive the MST better. There is just something about this truck that rocks. and for bashing, it's great to because of the short wheel base, it rarely gets hung up on ruts, and if it does, just hammer the gas some and the trucks rocks a bit back and forth to free itself. It is so fun and I think I control it quite well. I will say this and you are right about it, consistent laps are hard. If you make a mistake coming off a jump, or give it to much gas coming out of a corner, it spins out easly.

Another reason I sold the jammin is because I will get an extended chassis for the MST anyway, and as far as I am concerned, with a few things (most of which I have already on the MST) the X-MST should be just as fast as a jammin. But then again, my skills are not that keen. I am still a new racer. Point being, the truck rocks and anyone can be fast with anything as long as they work on the basic setup of the truck and just practice with it. I have over 3 gallons of run time through the MST, and it just keeps getting faster for me.

PICS - Thats my ride (kinda a old pic, I have more on it now) and thats the track I race at. Racing RC is so much fun, I have a blast at DirtBurners!!!

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

The Mayhem ST flies good but not great. The CRT,LSP,ST-R...they fly great. If you race against other truggies you will see the difference immediately. For a young beginning driver, an extended chassis would make it much easier for him to drive consistant laps and not get frustrated too easy. The May hem is fast and when it is set up right, a good driver can hang with anybody but it takes more concentration to drive fast when compared to a well set up Jammin CRT, or any other extended chassis truggy. I run both and this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

FE_Chris 05-15-2006 10:06 PM

wow that pic is old, and hey crazysavage, I have emailed those guys at BCE many times and I get no response. Anyone have a solid connection for a X-Chassis for the MST? Man what I would'nt pay for a extended chassis for this thing......

Biodragen 05-16-2006 08:41 AM

Look out on the S-Gride and look for the Sportwerks thread.
A guy Kevin Price has been selling them.

I got my EXT from him---all I can say is it made a world of darn good stability in driving.
I also put on the Upgraded KMW brand LSP axles and 3/8 offset hubs and put on the jammin wheels with the boas on them.
I got new shock towers, center brace, chassis and rear dogbone for under $150 from this guy.
As for Servos---high torque and high speed.
Also the front end balls that go into the knuckles---go with the buggy ones---helps give more throw on steering. The neck of them is a smaller DIA verses the truck ones. This is one spot that holds back on the steering throw.

Lots of this you would do with another truggy anyway.
The MST is just as good as the Jammin IMO with what I have done.
If you are starting out new then yeah go with the Jammin but if you already own the MST and done upgrades, well you may as well take it to the next step and wrap up the upgrades with the EXT.

revo=fast 05-19-2006 12:15 AM

the mst flys great. awsome suspention travel.(for those less then flat tracks) soliod design, parts are aforddable, small center diff gear. this thing has awsome turn in, and stays straight when you nail the throttle. if you run a a huge track with lots of holes and bumps, start with the crt. if you have a tight track get the MST,(or better yet the st-r, it has awxome turn in)

crazysavage 05-19-2006 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

wow that pic is old, and hey crazysavage, I have emailed those guys at BCE many times and I get no response. Anyone have a solid connection for a X-Chassis for the MST? Man what I would'nt pay for a extended chassis for this thing......
If you go on truggyracers.com and find KP Racing you will see it. BCE is not finished with the Mayhem ST chassis, it is still being tested.

Biodragen 05-19-2006 07:29 AM

Kevin apparently has a sale on the chassis upgrade for $100

CHEVY 2 05-20-2006 10:08 PM

Well I just got my new power plant broke in today for the mayhem ST.Though the factory .26 engine is not a dog by any means,Ijust dont think its a good engine for the track.I stuck a OS.21 VZB V spec in there and I am glad I did.It is alot smoother on excel,and its quicker,faster,and better on the fuel..(wildcat 30 %).I dont even have it totally broken in yet. For bashing I dont think you can go wrong with the factory.26 though...Hope it quits freakin raining so I can burn some more fuel .....

FE_Chris 05-20-2006 11:51 PM

Yeah, I have been PM'ing Kevin Price with my questions at truggyracers.com What a nice fella. He has a special going on right now. $100 shipped in the US for the whole kit. You get the Chassis, 2 shock towers, rear dog bone and a center chassis brace. All nice Hardened, anodized grey. For the money, it sounds like a nice package. I think I may have to order one up. He told me last night that he still has some kits left. So if you want one he can get them out next day of payment. MO and paypal are accepted.

CRT's, LSP's, ST-R's, look out. There's a new truck in town. I dub her the XMST. Or the "Xtended Mayhem Super Truck" :)

ORIGINAL: Biodragen

crazysavage 05-21-2006 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

Yeah, I have been PM'ing Kevin Price with my questions at truggyracers.com What a nice fella. He has a special going on right now. $100 shipped in the US for the whole kit. You get the Chassis, 2 shock towers, rear dog bone and a center chassis brace. All nice Hardened, anodized grey. For the money, it sounds like a nice package. I think I may have to order one up. He told me last night that he still has some kits left. So if you want one he can get them out next day of payment. MO and paypal are accepted.

CRT's, LSP's, ST-R's, look out. There's a new truck in town. I dub her the XMST. Or the "Xtended Mayhem Super Truck" :)

ORIGINAL: Biodragen

You aint tellin me nothing brother, I've been telling everybody that the Mayhem ST is a contender with an ext. chassis but I drive a CRT also and you will have to spend some serious time getting your diffs set up and getting your shocks dialed in to hang with a well set up CRT. The CRT and the ST-R are the two best trucks at getting the power to the ground as soon as you pull the trigger and they turn so well under power. But it can be done! Good Luck.