RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   X1 CRT Project. :D (No more "IGOT" threads) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/6920968-x1-crt-project-d-no-more-%22igot%22-threads.html)

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 05:48 AM

X1 CRT Project. :D (No more "IGOT" threads)

1 Attachment(s)
Well, after being suggested to create a project thread, instead of making one thousand others, HERE IT IS!

I recently bought an X1 CRT Pro with a Fioroni Ultra-Light Chassis and ceramic bearings throughout, but nothing else. Soon after I bought a Spektrum DX2.0, Sportwerks .26 V2, a Thunder Tiger 3-Chamber Tuned Pipe (Short), and other various starting objects.

After killing my second clutch, I decided to get a Werks 4-shoe Adjustable Clutch Fioroni sliding clutch. And after winding springs for hours and hours, I decided to buy a bump start.

Left to do:
New steering servo
Migrate current steering servo to throttle
Convert Sportwerks .26 V2 to bump start
Convert SW .26 V2 to bump start
Get a new Glow Plug Ignitor
Learn to paint bodies
Buy a new body
Get a work bench (Using a dresser currently)
New tires

That sounds about it for now. :D

I'll be editing some pics in soon.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:14 AM

RE: X1 CRT Project. :D (No more "IGOT" threads)

Thank God.

Now will you shut up about it :P.

Lol im joking, nice set up.

Just buy a new work bench, its not attractive when all your clothes smell of Nitro lol.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:17 AM

Where you gonna install the Mcdonalds cap and Shaving Razor.?

:D...

Last I checked my Nitrage does not need contact lenses and 2 Shaving Razors lol. Neither does it need Shaving Foam.

You might wanna read your instruction manual lol :D

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:17 AM

Haha.

I know you are, I can take a joke. :P

And I don't even use that dresser. Lmao.

I throw my crap in a closet, and I have everything else in my brother's dresser, it's too much of a hassle to sort out the crap after it's been sorted out once already, so we throw it all in one dresser. xD

That dresser is full of Game Informer mags, old boxes, and other crap/trash.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:19 AM

Roflmao.

I'm sure I could find a way to fit that all in there. ;D

You know this money has to come from somewhere. Lmao. Only place you can find when you're 17 around here is grocery stores or fast food.

I chose the wrong one.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tho try and build your own work bench.

Heres what mine looks like most of the time.

I normally get bored working on my truggy (I have no patience), so I normally put a movie and work while watching.

Saying that I nearly destroyed that screen once, While on the stand I decided to start it, for some reason my throttle servo jammed and off it went. All I can say pretty strong screen lol. (This was like 2 months ago, a lot has been replaced on the truggy since then).

Just paint yours a differient colour, I made a mistake by painting mine black. If I drop a screw, its a pain to find. Also scratches are soo noticeable because of this colour.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:26 AM

Lol, I worked at Canadian Tyre for a week, I got fired lol. I kept giving people the right advice.

Im trying to do an internship with my dad, tho this mainly involves us waking up at 6 and being at the track by 7.

I wish I never ordered that 8ight T lol, since then ive never been able to sleep past 7.!

Informs us when your CRT hits puberty.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:28 AM

Lmao. Nice one. xD The last time I started mine up with any throttle at all, it was when my friend was screwing with my radio, and he made the changed the throttle to like WOT, and left it.

I wasn't too pleased with that, but I had my leg in front of it to stop it.

Oh, and the body I have is like....Broken, it's snapped in the back.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:31 AM

How much money do you have invested in RC cars now? About $2000? Something around there?

Everyone around here gets angry at me when I tell them that I would like to race my RC car for a while.

They just don't understand. ;D

Also, I will do that. When I get this da*^ thing running, I'll post all about it.

I had the Sportwerks .26 V2 started for about...10 seconds last night, then it died, and when I pulled the PS again, it snapped and sent the cord flying back into the pullstart. Lol.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:32 AM

I never let anyone touch my controller.

I wanted to drive my bros baja sometime ago, now he said its all set up, I pulled the friggen cord and off it went.

He just stood there laughing while me trying to get a grip on the remote lol.

And I hate it even more when people who dont know how to use a digital remote (EG: Spektrum, JR, Futaba), mess with everything and screw it all up.

Its happened to me at the track soo often.

Now what I do is remove the battery as soon as im done with the contorller.

Im still trying to find a way to remove paint from the body, I have a new one lying here, but its factory painted and I cant find a clear one anywhere. Any idea how to do that.?

Well lets see you stick your leg out when its screaming towards you at full throttle :P, and the only thing you can do it ram it into a bench lol.

I was faced with that decision a week ago.

And I regretted it lol.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:37 AM

Lmao...It would be difficult, but I'd do that, or try to get it going and run it until it ran out of fuel.

Maybe you could try paint thinner, or try to buy paint remover? Not sure what you have over there, or how it will affect the plastic body. You might wanna try it on an old one first.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:41 AM

I only have 2 lol and theyre the same.

Theres one that has holes that I cut myself with an Xacto Knife, looks like a chicken pecked them out lol.

And another one that good as new, never used or anything.

Ill try to get paint remover and/or paint thinner today.

Its raining again [&o], and I left my Nitrage in the back of my dads car and hes out [:@].

Id drive it in the house lol, theres no one home.

What fuel do you plan to use.?

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:46 AM

Theres one that has holes that I cut myself with an Xacto Knife, looks like a chicken pecked them out lol.
Roflmao.

You should call your dad and tell him to stash the truck in his truck. I'd be pretty mad if I left it in the back of a truck in the rain. @__@

I'm using O'Donnell 30% fuel.

qaiz 01-17-2008 06:51 AM

Lol my dad dosent drive a truck.

He drives extremely slow for some reason.

Hes a 4x4 man like me :D

I called him, he told me not to bother him and go do something intresting with my life lol [&:]

I was gonna say up to 30%, I did it today, OMG it flies like nothing else lol.

My dad spent all his time in the pits :D. He broke something lol.

I told him see, you shouldnt have taken MY losi, he threw a dog bone at me lol.

And now hes lost a dog bone too :D.

I know I shouldnt be happy lol, but he took my truck away.

I use Byrons 30% Race Fuel @ 11% Lubrication. I bought an entire crate yesterday.

Its like gold here lol.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 06:58 AM

Haha. I like to drive fast, but I like power with my speed, not just pure speed. Lol.

When you said it was raining out, and you said he had it in the back of his car, I thought you meant it was in danger or something. Lol. (People here barely specify which type of vehicle they drive)

What'd he break? Lmao...That sucks.

I've not broken anything yet, but I did have to fix my shocks, the nut came loose on the rear shock, and I was worried until I found out how simple it was. Lol.

The O'Donnell I run has like...18%. I'm not sure how lean I can run it, because it's always smoking. Lmao.

qaiz 01-17-2008 09:56 AM

Lol, just lean it out till yu think its alright.

I have no idea howmuch Ive spent in RC's lol, and I dont want an idea.

He drives a Range Rover, the bigge one. I dont like it.

He firstly forgot to charge the batteires on his or should I say my bump box.

Second his (my) steering servo went good bye.

Third his axel was bent (ssshh my fault lol)

And I think I may have played around with his (my) gearbox and it needs to be meshed again lol.

He came home some time ago. First thing I did was take my Nitrage out lol.

I keep destroying shocks, its not even funny anymore. Theyre easy to fixx.

Get rid of that 18% and use 25%. Preformance wise its much better, and it also runs much cooler.

If it was in Danger id track him down and take it home myself. I dont even trust my dad with my rc's lol.

Im extremely possessive about it.

JB COMP 01-17-2008 10:10 AM

man, I thought you where talking about a real project, not just buying part[:@]

My project is a real project. its a real project when you have 2+ people telling you it will not work (like people did me when I started mine) make sure this thread dosen't go anywhere, when mines finished I'll post picture.

I guess buying parts can be a project if you're like me only 14 and little to no cash[:o]

qaiz 01-17-2008 10:16 AM

Ok, then mine shall count as a project.

Ive bought an entire Nitrage, in bits.

All the parts you see in the maintaince manual, I have, excpet the engine, exhaust, gearbox.

I might be building that up, with various other parts from Kyosho, HpI, and Losi. (If I can afford it)

slayerphonics 01-17-2008 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: qaiz

I never let anyone touch my controller.

I wanted to drive my bros baja sometime ago, now he said its all set up, I pulled the friggen cord and off it went.

He just stood there laughing while me trying to get a grip on the remote lol.

And I hate it even more when people who dont know how to use a digital remote (EG: Spektrum, JR, Futaba), mess with everything and screw it all up.

Its happened to me at the track soo often.

Now what I do is remove the battery as soon as im done with the contorller.

Im still trying to find a way to remove paint from the body, I have a new one lying here, but its factory painted and I cant find a clear one anywhere. Any idea how to do that.?

Well lets see you stick your leg out when its screaming towards you at full throttle :P, and the only thing you can do it ram it into a bench lol.

I was faced with that decision a week ago.

And I regretted it lol.

I was told brake cleaner works

qaiz 01-17-2008 10:40 AM

I heard that too.

But it takes a lotta work lol. Paint thinner kills the plastic.

With brake cleaner its a long process and you have to scrub the damn thing,

Also I have no idea where to get brake cleaner here.

What about Nitro. I have like an old jug of 20%, its not useable anymore, we found it in the store.?

slayerphonics 01-17-2008 11:02 AM

Do a search on youtube I was told there is a video on how to remove paint from lexan

JB COMP 01-17-2008 11:59 AM

Ok, then mine shall count as a project.

Ive bought an entire Nitrage, in bits.

All the parts you see in the maintaince manual, I have, excpet the engine, exhaust, gearbox.

I might be building that up, with various other parts from Kyosho, HpI, and Losi. (If I can afford it)

I was thinking about doing that with my next engine I get (depending on which one I go with) some engines you can find brand new parts on ebay cheap, and I also think the parts you buy are better than the ones they use at the factory but thats just me. then you don't have to worry if there metel shaving in there.

but we'll see.

qaiz 01-17-2008 02:45 PM

Definately.

I dont know why they do this, its always the parts you buy for anything are much better than the ones they use in the factroy.

But mines like indestructible.

Now that is. :D

INTEGRA 01-17-2008 07:50 PM

Excuse Me.?

We are not allowed by law to work here under the age of 21.

Lol, I worked at Canadian Tyre for a week, I got fired lol. I kept giving people the right advice.

:eek:

UG0TB4NN3D 01-17-2008 11:35 PM

Just won the auction for the 10244 Bump Start.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d2/09/4c59_1.JPG
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d2/09/4dfb_1.JPG

INTEGRA 01-18-2008 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: UG0TB4NN3D

Just won the auction for the 10244 Bump Start.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d2/09/4c59_1.JPG
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d2/09/4dfb_1.JPG

Cool how much ?

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 05:48 AM

$73 + shipping.

Not bad, considering that's a $100 box, and a $25 battery.

qaiz 01-18-2008 06:00 AM

Good buy.

The thing I worry about buying on ebay and stuff is the condtion.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:01 AM

What performance boost would a lipo like [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/16869]this[/link] give me over the gel cell it's coming with, besides weight?

Would it last longer on a single charge?

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:02 AM

He only used it for half of a season, and the pics look nice, he's got pics of everything in the auction.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:03 AM

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&i tem=170185218532&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI]Here's[/link] the finished auction.

He also accepts returns, which is pretty much a quality guarantee. A lot of people on eBay don't do that.

qaiz 01-18-2008 06:07 AM

oh extremely good buy.

I think the PTK battery MIGHT last longer.

Not too sure tho, I know nothing about batteries.

Theyre good deals on ebay.

I have a lil' money with me.

Browsing ebay and looking for stuff to buy lol.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:10 AM

Hmm...I guess I'll buy one off of eBay when that gel cell starts to die out.

qaiz 01-18-2008 06:13 AM

How much have you spent on your truggy lol.?

When do you plan to run it.?

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:15 AM

<___< Well....$350 for the roller...$525 for various objects...$100 for bumpstart/backplate/charger?

xD

And as soon as I get that bump start, I plan on breaking in the engine, and I just found out there's a track not far from here, so I'll probably start running there.

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:17 AM

But hey, I can't drive my little wads of cash around at 60 MPH, so I'm good.

qaiz 01-18-2008 06:18 AM

How could you not know there was a track close to your house lol :P.

I hate breaking in my engine on a track [:'(]. I normally do it in the yard of in front of the house.

When you getting your starter.?

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:20 AM

Well, I sent the payment last night, and he replied with a message saying he'd ship it today, so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

And I'm not breaking it in on a track. Lmao. I could never do that, I'll definitely be doing it in my yard.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the $100 I spent on clutches and crap.

The track is in another town, a little away from here, like 20 minutes, but I never go there, so I wouldn't know anything about that town. Lmao.

qaiz 01-18-2008 06:20 AM

lol @ the cash..

I still cant drive, the track is inaccessible. It had rained for the past 3 days and all the sand has become like quick sand. Went to check it out in the morning, just turned around and came back home..

Soo depressing, my Nitrage is back on its stand [&o]

UG0TB4NN3D 01-18-2008 06:21 AM

Haha.

My friend thinks CRT's are crap and thinks all of the talk about it is just because it's my new truggy, and I'm excited to be driving it.

He wants to race his crapper RS4 against my CRT.

http://a700.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...039b635ec3.jpg