Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

EASYTIGER MODELS FW-190 KIT REVEIW NEEDED

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

EASYTIGER MODELS FW-190 KIT REVEIW NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
stressfree
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EASYTIGER MODELS FW-190 KIT REVEIW NEEDED

I am thinking about buying this kit? Can anyone that owns one feel me in on this kit? I have a Q-100 gas engine that I would like to install! Thanks Guys!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 PM
vallawyer

Default RE: EASYTIGER MODELS FW-190 KIT REVEIW NEEDED

I have one and it is beautiful, maybe the nicest ARF ever, flies so nice. Mine is electric. I also have the Easytiger P-47, just as nice. With a G-62 it flies well, no reason to not use the 100. The Tiger Power 100 is much more powerful than the G62, and the Focke Wulf handles it with no problem. Iam very happy, I am going to buy a third Easytiger plane for sure, not sure which one.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't own one, but its by far one of the worst, looking ARF FW 190's out there. Everything from the BACK of the canopy forward is wrong. The wings are wrong, that HORRID belly tank is disgusting, the gear angle/rake is wrong, the tail wheel is horrible and in the wrong location.

Save your money. Buy one of the ESM/KMP Fw 190D's when they are released.
The following users liked this post:
TA152 (03-25-2024)
Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Search Easytiger on here.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
vallawyer

I actually have the Easy TIger FW190. and it is a great model. Nobody fails to recognize it as an FW190, everybody says it looks great, and above all, it flies just great.
I have had very mixed experiences with KMP, let me put it this way, I don't think I will ever fall for a KMP plane again, but I am looking to buy my third Easytiger plane as we speak, just need to decide which. Probably not another warbird, though, becasue I am still flying two of them.

By the way, search does not work here anymore. which makes it really hard to find the last posts I was doing.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:48 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

I don't own one, but its by far one of the worst, looking ARF FW 190's out there. Everything from the BACK of the canopy forward is wrong. The wings are wrong, that HORRID belly tank is disgusting, the gear angle/rake is wrong, the tail wheel is horrible and in the wrong location.

Save your money. Buy one of the ESM/KMP Fw 190D's when they are released.
I actually have the Easy TIger FW190. and it is a great model. Nobody fails to recognize it as an FW190, everybody says it looks great, and above all, it flies just great.
I have had very mixed experiences with KMP, let me put it this way, I don't think I will ever fall for a KMP plane again, but I am looking to buy my third Easytiger plane as we speak, just need to decide which. Probably not another warbird, though, becasue I am still flying two of them.

By the way, search does not work here anymore. which makes it really hard to find the last posts I was doing.

Well.. after looking at the EasyTigerModels FW-190.. He is right! That thing isn't even close to "scale". But I guess if your just interested in having a FW-190 that sort of looks like a FW-190 and are tight with the budget, then it does "pass" as a FW-190..
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Cowl is just wrong. Wrong shape. As is most of the nose from the canopy forward. It should be a slight decline down to the edge of the cowl, not a nearly straight line.

The leading edge of the cowl is just wrong too, its lipped,should berounded over.

The cowling cheek blisters are the wrong shape and MUCH too high on the cowl. This can be fixed rather easily though.

The gun hood is a mess. It would need to be cut out and totally replaced. Probably get one from Valley as its rather similar in size.

In fact the whole of the fuse from the cockpit forward looks more like a tube than the cone it really is.

The wing is way too far back. It needs to move almost 2" closer to the front of the nose as best as I can tell from the images.

Gear seems to be too far out on the wings. There is no toe in on the wheels, and it doesn't look like the strut is at the proper angle either.

The canopy is wrong, and the fade back into the fuse is too steep of an angle.

The transition into the vertical stab seems OK.

so, how much does this thing retail for ?!?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If that thing is meant to be an Fw-190, then somebody should get fired for letting the plans get wet before they built the thing. It ticks so many "wrong" boxes its not funny. take it from all the blokes who have posted here and kinda know what they are talking about when it comes to the shape of an Fw-190. It's not good at all.

On the other hand, Looks like the optometry business is looking up in the Connecticut region

Thanks

dave
Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I don't know what that plane is, but it certainly isn't an Fw-190.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 AM
alanc

its a sport scale design, not for those with visions of winning the nationals, it flys well on a zenoah 62, so a hundred should be,err-ok, mate of mine has one, he has fitted longer oleos, struts to you guys, this ment enlarging the wheel well details, as a flying machine, its great, as a scale bird, itsnot, but believe me, for every critic of shape, there are a hundred who would not be able to pick up on a single thing, the E.S range is designed, i think, to looklike its subject, but have a more sporty feel about it,

indigbo is his forum name, go find him, ask the views of someone who has flown it, and enjoyed it,
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is correct to discuss how correct the shape of a warbird is. Shape is what decides if they're what they're supposed to be or not.

The discussion about the Yak-3 is a perfect example. There isn't a lot of difference between the Yak-3 in question and Lagg-3, Lagg-5, or La-7. The differences between the full scale Yak/La's aren't as obvious as the difference between Easytiger's 190 and a full scale 190.

Matter of fact, if you look a most of Easytiger's "scale" warbirds, you'll notice even worse examples.

It is easy to get mad at them because scale guys really care about the looks. It's what makes or breaks the value of a model. And you hate to see the waters polluted.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I wouldn't even consider the thing sport-scale. Its so far from scale, you can't even use the term "scale". if i put a FW-190 emblem and german markings on a Ultra-stick, can i say its a "sport-scale" FW-190?

Most things people wouldn't notice (cowling blisters, gun hood, canopy, etc). But the First thing most everyone says about the FW-190, is "whats with the really long and inward raked landing gear?. The ESM 190 has short gear that is raked outwards, not inwards. And looking at the pictures, If they can't even get an electric motor mounted center in the cowling on their "flying display model" how do you think the quality of the rest of the kit is?

Like my parents and teachers always told me while growing up "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all" and "if you have time to do it wrong, you have time to do it right"

AND its $995 [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(] I wouldn't give $195 for it.. waaayyyy over-priced IMO
Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw the Easytiger lineup at the WRAM show last year. Pretty bad stuff.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 AM
alanc

puzzles me why the esm one keeps getting mentioned, when there are many many more on the market, is this discussion not about the easytiger one? if its not to your likeing, there are plenty of plans out there, go build one, the esm ones i have seen have the gear canted inward, the ealry ones had 90 degree retracts, but again, its not this one thats up for discussion, so why waste your breath?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Experten109/40

ORIGINAL: alanc

...if its not to your likeing, there are plenty of plans out there, go build one...
$1000 for this thing. I think it would be reasonable for it to at least look like an Fw 190... this thing isn't even close.
but I understand though.. some arf companys use clever pics and use the word "scale" in their adds to ripp off the
customer. this isn't about arf vs kits, becouse kits are far far superior. this is about a reasonable expectation of
quality andreasonable scale fidelity for a $1000 price tag.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Pippin

The Chinese used the wrong real FW190. They copied the small experimental plane that wants to look like a FW190. VQ did the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31706.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1532913  
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Experten109/40

and they couldn't even get that right... I suggest also checking out easy tigers Bf 109(?????).
Old 12-11-2010, 04:20 PM
TA152

One of the ugliest ARF Fw190 I have ever seen[:'(] Why does they make such a nice airplane so hopeless??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90044.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1533004  
Old 12-11-2010, 04:28 PM
dvs1

Funny! The landing gear looks awful. Looks like a P-51 gear angle and not an FW-190 For that price, I would never consider the plane no matter how well built
it may or may not be. So many other ARF's out there that are cheaper and much better made. sure they might not be quite as big, but scale looks aside I could
never drop 1000 on just an arf airframe.

But I will say that its not my money so if one had to have it then knock yourself out.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

No one fails to notice its a Fw 190? Probably because they don't know what a 190 really looks like.

For $995.00 and the $125.00 shipping you can do A LOT better.

The funny thing was, I traded quite emails with the owner of Easy Tiger for several months before the 190 came out... and this is what they finished up with.

A bloody shame.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 AM
da Rock

No one fails to notice its a Fw 190? Probably because they don't know what a 190 really looks like.
A bloody shame.
And if companies like EasyTiger stay in business, they never will.

And that's an even bloodier shame.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:28 AM
vallawyer

Here is what you just wrote me:

"A couple of your posts about another member were deleted. Negative opinions of other members is not appropriate in threads that should be about model airplanes.

Telling everyone what they should do or not do also has nothing to do with model airplanes.

Please do not post criticism of other members. You have agreed to post nothing that would curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post."

You seem to want to run Easy Tiger Models out of business, and your posts flame degrade and insult, don't they? Or those rules only apply to some and not to all?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 AM
vallawyer

For $995.00 and the $125.00 shipping you can do A LOT better.

The funny thing was, I traded quite emails with the owner of Easy Tiger for several months before the 190 came out... and this is what they finished up with.

A bloody shame.
I know what an 190 looks like, and so do my friends, and everybody likes this one.
Since you are such an expert, can you show us how it is done? Show us some pictures of your models.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 AM
vallawyer

I cant beleive Iam havign an argument on line with strangers, but right is right. I dont see any others that even come close to this one. Its $995, not very ex*****ve, and looks good and flies great. There is nothing else out there for giant scale warbirds, The ESM planes are junk, Troy Built only makes a zero and it's not good, and the Top Flight ones are small and monokoted planes. I'm happy with Easy Tiger, happy enough to be lookng for a third one, so sorry if I am not going to win Top Gun with it, but everybody likes it except a few people here who seem to bash every plane that comes out anyway.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: alanc

puzzles me why the esm one keeps getting mentioned, when there are many many more on the market, is this discussion not about the easytiger one? if its not to your likeing, there are plenty of plans out there, go build one, the esm ones i have seen have the gear canted inward, the ealry ones had 90 degree retracts, but again, its not this one thats up for discussion, so why waste your breath?
Yes! Do the people here work for ESM? If you don't like this one, go get a set of plans and spend two winters building one, and go up against teh experts at a scale contest, see if your work measures up. It will cost you a lot more to build one from scratch, and take a lot longer, then you can see if you can do better than the Easy Tiger factory.
This is for the average guy who wants a big warbird to fly and not spend a ot of time or money. Most people don't want to enter contests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.