Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Dauntless

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:27 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryan McLarty
Beauty (and acceptance) is in the eye of the beholder. 1:6 doesn't look right to my eye, nor does the math suggest so. But, if it looks great to you, I'm happy it works out.

This Dauntless has been back ordered for quite a while? Hmmmm... Wonder if they'll discontinue it? I sure would like to see a bigger one. ...Or a big Helldiver!
Well not really....at least in regards to the H9 me-109....that plane IS 1/6th so the 12" figure is exactly the right size. As for a 1/5.4 ish 71" dauntless.....there are people of all shapes and sizes/height in the world so many tall and or less then 6ft tall pilots in real life.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 PM
jet jocky97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bought a ESM dauntless. forgive me, but i'm confused on the CofG position. the instruction's say 125MM but some people are saying 115mm or 120mm. well how's rite and how's wrong? i'd like to get this critical demotion rite, if you know what I mean. thanks for your help!!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Katniss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best bet to go conservative at first. ESM has been notorious for listing CGs way too far aft over the years. If ppl say 115 or 120, I'd go with that... Maybe split the difference and go 118.
Last thing you want is tail heavy and after you maiden, you can adjust it.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
jet jocky97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the advice guys!! I do have a esm sky raider and flies great. I used the instruction manual's CofG dimension (120mm) it seem to b correct. what concerns me the most is this. that if there many aircraft in the esm and vq inventory that have " wrong CofG" dimensions. one can only wonder about there engineering staff. not to mention the R and D department. you would think that this company would want to manufacture a high quality product not "junk". makes me wonder how much longer they'll be in business, with the a lack luster run company. sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

I flew that ESM Dauntless. CG was 115mm.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Katniss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Esm has been around for years. They're not going anywhere. They do R and D, but in the past had issues with listing proper CG in the manuals. They've gotten better.