Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Best Plan's

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Plan's

Looking to start a B25J here shortly after completeing my TFGE 86" corsair. Would like some input on plan's. Who make's them, and pros-n-cons. Any and all input /opinion's would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Warbird Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Plan's

ORIGINAL: acerc

Looking to start a B25J here shortly after completeing my TFGE 86'' corsair. Would like some input on plan's. Who make's them, and pros-n-cons. Any and all input /opinion's would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Robert,

I myself am wanting to build a B25 and all of the research that I have done and builders that I have spoken to have lead me to the Ziroli Plans. I have also had Ziroli donate to my Warbird Event and the plans are fantastic. I was very impressed wih the layout of them. Good luck with your build.

Joe
Old 01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you mean by best? Most accurate, easiest to build from, simplest, etc. I am not sure your going to find a lot of choice in B-25 plans. Most every one you see is made from the Zeroli plans. As far as plans in general go the most accurate I've seen are Brian Taylor.
Don't know if he ever made a 25 though. I am sure the Zeroli plans are easier to build from. He usually uses simple construction in his planes.

Larry
Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  What   mean by best is, from your( your meaning anyone that has worked  with plans) experience. I have heard of Ziroli and Bryon Taylor. Other than what I read on their respective web sites, I have no idea what they are really  like. Are they scaleable, do they have any form of instruction's, how well are they cut, and so on. I have never built outside of a brand name kit, such as top-flite, sig, etc.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Robert,

Jerry Bates plans are great, as are the aforementioned Taylor and Ziroli. Platt plans are also well done and easy to build from. With any of these it still pays to study them well before actually building, as some things in 3D always seem to look different than they do in 2D. Certainly other plans exist that are good, but any of these choices are good, and if you can build a top flite kit then you shouldn't have too much trouble in just doing something from plans. Precision Cut Kits does a nice job of cutting kits as does Bob Holman for the Taylor designs. Platt and Ziroli either list a lot of instructions on the plans themselves, or provide some sort of building sequence instructions. Taylor's list a lot of sequencing on the plans while showing build ups of various components such as tailwheel struts and mechanisms, etc.. If you are going to the effort to build from plans, it does seem to be rewarding to try to find the ones that are closest to scale IMHO.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

For a kit builders first plans build I would look closely at Ziroliplans B-25. Years ago I had fun building his Ercoupe. You should be able to find all the little bits and have a good flying plane. You can put as much detail as you want on it. Dbalsa may even make a cockpit kit for it. I am building a Dbalsa cockpit for my Bates Wildcat.
I have built form Platt Bates Ziroli and Pepino, Ziroli is a good choice. I have seen Don Smith plans and have heard they require lots of experience as there is a lack of detailed instructions and that is what I saw.