Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Hawker Hurricane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Hawker Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ESM Hawker Hurricane

I'm going to maiden this model tomorrow and need any advice on what to look out for. It weights 16.2lbs and is powered by a Saito 1.8FS. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Sonofasailor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ESM Hawker Hurricane

Flycatch, I have the Hurricane with a Saito 1.50 ,plenty of power, flies great ,watch take offs ,she will want to nose over. Use flaps carefully because the nose will pitch up or dowm , can`t remmember,I don`t land it with flaps, anyway good luck,hope this helps a little.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
PSJDBF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one with a Saito 200Ti great flyer with that nice thick wing.
Mine came in over the 20lb mark due to doing a full cockpit & full length pilot but the extra weight hasn't been an issue.
With flaps down mine pitches the nose down & requires 6 clicks of up trim, also if you have the gear covers on & angled in so they sit correctly when retracted they act like a big air brake & also caused a lot of down pitch ( I have mine removed for now untill I work out a way of rotating them to keep them straight ).
I havn't had any issues with nose over's with mine & the take offs are perfect but the 200 has a nice steady throttle response so any yaw during take off is easily managed.
Other than that she's been a perfect little lady & is built strong, I stacked mine on the first landing but there was little damage done.
Lets see some pic's of yours ...good luck with the maiden.

All the best
Steff.

Heres a vid of mine from last week, I'm trying to perfect the nice lift off & wheels up quick but the trees at the end of the strip dont help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2IbwAzic74
Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Neo gold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A superb flying ESM warplane!!...my favourite...no issues really pal, just the usual....pin the tail down for the first few feet etc...bring the power up slowly...apply some right rudder & ease her off leaving terra firma on full power...keep the nose down a little & get in to a nice steady climb...shallow turn & trim her out...then enjoy.
Landing...i always used the flaps...make sure they are as far as they will go!!...these pitch down..bring her down on full brake & moderate power...keep the nose down/ level...no three pointers, sit on mains first....then shut to idle & operate the elev & rudder....in 10 mph winds i still use the brakes..the plane takes some slowing!!....12mph+ no brake.
Enjoy your maiden & we look forward to your photos!!!!.