Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 AM
John Taylor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Great idea Chad, I'm in. John T. brotherhood #110
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take one....
Jeff
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah I'm in .... put it on my truck......#47
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Any interest in a Spitfire Brotherhood vinyl sticker? Something simple like what is shown below. Nothing real fancy but something you could stick on your flight box to identify yourself with the Brotherhood. I think I will make a couple up just to see how they turn out. If they come out alright I'd be happy to make 'em up for just the cost of materials and shipping.

Chad,

I am in for a few of them. My field box, van, and future trailer. What are the dimensions?

Great Idea!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM
prgonzalez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in 2

Let us know the cost and how to pay you.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
scooter

sure thing count me in
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

I like it too, Just waiting for particulars

Club Saito 723
Brotherhood 19
T-man49 in Al
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
wpdunn3
My Feedback: (1)

let me in on this....would like several sizes and colors....thanks

WPD Loved spitfires in Battle of Britian came out SB# 78
Old 08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER
Chad,

What are the dimensions?

Great Idea!!
I can scale them to pretty much any size we want. I'm going to cut a few in various sizes and materials in the next day or two and I will report back and post some pictures. We can work out the details after that. Thanks for the interest gents and stay tuned...
Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
glazier808

Chad,

Why don't you just come up with a few options for sizes, that way anybody that wanted 1 could send you payment and self return addressed envelope. Simple.

Casey
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM
spadsriver09

Hey Chad,
Count me in for one also.

Also Ham639 and myself will have our Ziroli Spits @ Fon Du Lac @ http://www.midwestwarbirds.com/next week hope to see some of you there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44725.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1790108  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM
glazier808

very nice!

Casey
Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Pitts532M

#37 is in!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
hairy46

YES, would like one! No. 75
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

I am scheduling a World Spitfire sorti where everyone can go to their field and fly their Spitfires, or any other Warbird desired over a three day span and share photos on the Spitfire Brotherhood thread. I am looking to schedule it for October 26 – 28, 2012.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
Spitfire Brotherhood #1
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

I'm guessing that you don't hunt , do you ? .....
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
glazier808

With 303's and 20mm, I'm guessing...."Luft season"

Casey
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
mad web tv scientist

Tally-Ho Chad! Like the shirts this is also a great idea. I'm in too. Some small versions that could be stuck on planes might be a useful size also. I like the idea of sending a check in the mail with a self addressed envelope to accomplish the mission.

Finally got to prove the value of flying a few practice "landing pattern passes" with my PZ Mk IX Spit after biasing myself by flying the slow PZ Albatros first today. I did fly a number of circles before finally feeling comfortable enough to go for the landing that went fairly well. I still get much too excited especially in turbulence such that touch down is not as smooth as it needs to be. However, I have finally nailed landing close by now no matter what has been flown before.

The freshly mowed grass required me to blast off quickly with full power and full up elevator or else flip over trying to ROG slowly and realistically. I tried to blast loose and quickly reduce throttle to roll smoothly along for a better looking takeoff but simply could not get the timing right.

I continue to enjoy our Brotherhood thread and its good influence. The world is watching.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

____________________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

___________________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads.) THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE. Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
mad web tv scientist

FLAP SUCCESS!

First, additional information needs to be added to my last fighter sweep report. Only hours after that report I remembered that I had enjoyed taxiing both the Spitfire and Messerschmitt across the very same flying field a few weeks before with no problems. So it is now obvious that I had forgotten the need to use High Rate elevator on take off as well as for landings. Sorry about that - goes with the territory of a chronologically challenged mind (of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most) - but we can't let that kind of little distraction keep us from enjoying our fighter pilot fantasies now can we?

Okay, having enjoyed studying many pictures of Spitfires and Hurricanes landing with full flaps I decided it was about time to see if my HH flaps could be made to operate a bit more like full scale. Well, with just a few adjustments virtually perfect scale like performance was obtained. It was such an easy task it's hard to believe I couldn't get it right when I first installed those linkages. Live and learn. I just wish I wasn't such a slow learner - I'm running out of time and there is still so much left to learn!

I am running a newly modified prop that costs 50 Amps at full throttle. The plane has a 60 Amp ESC, with a 1000kv motor. I am seriously thinking about trying a modified prop that will push the current up to 57 amps for brief periods for spectacular maneuvers. Question: Am I about to burn something up. Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

Must break off the fight for now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

____________________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

___________________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads. THE MALWARE PROBLEM IS NOW GONE ON FB.) Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 AM
MajorTomski

#6 is in for a sticker or two too!

World Spitfire day sounds great! Candidate days: March 5th first flight day, August 4th first operational use, 16 October first combat.

Don't know how the weather is in other parts but October is a good month for flying in Oklahoma. The 16th falls on a Tuesday this year
Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chad-

When the vinyl stickers are ready I would like 2. Maybe without the "#" sign...just the number. Of course, I will go with whatever everone else thinks is best.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all the responses regarding the vinyl sticker idea gents and sorry for the delays. It's been a bit hectic around here for the last few days. I went ahead and cut a test sample from the only color of vinyl I have on hand, chrome. Probably not the best color but it served to prove the idea. I needed a dark back ground to stick it on so it went on the tinted rear window of my truck. This one is 5 inches across and I would not recommend going much smaller or the lettering gets hard to deal with. Bigger is no problem though. I need to source some vinyl and some transfer tape and then I will be able to provide a cost for you guys who want them. I will try and provide half a dozen different colors, some light and some dark. For those who want to put them on a dark surface you will need a light color and vice-versa. It is also possible to weed them just the opposite of what I did below so that you end up with the lettering and profile of the Spitfire being vinyl instead of them being the negative space. Note that I left my number out of this one but the choice is yours if you want your Brotherhood number in there. If you do want your number I think it will look better without the # sign as noted by tevans55's above. Give me another couple of days and I will post back here with a price. I can't imagine it's going to be more than a buck or two each though. If you want to send me a self addressed, stamped envelope that would be great or I can simply charge a couple of bucks to cover the shipping costs. We can work out that detail when you place your order. Thanks brothers for your patience!

Old 08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
jimm

Hi everyone. I have a question that I hope you can give some advice on. I have a Top Flite Spitfire kit that I have been working on and have been trying to make an engine choice. What do you think of putting a gas engine in it? I see that Hobby King has a 15 & 20cc gas engines. What do you think about this? I was going to put a Magnum 91 4 stroke in it.

Thank you for your help.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: jimm

Hi everyone. I have a question that I hope you can give some advice on. I have a Top Flite Spitfire kit that I have been working on and have been trying to make an engine choice. What do you think of putting a gas engine in it? I see that Hobby King has a 15 & 20cc gas engines. What do you think about this? I was going to put a Magnum 91 4 stroke in it.

Thank you for your help.
jimm,
I am also building the Top Flite Spitfire kit and I am going with a Thunder Tiger F-130S engine. I have one in my Top Flite P-51 and it is a sweet engine. Now I did buy the DLE 20cc motor for this bird, but is going in another plane this winter. I don't know much about the Hobby King gas motor, but, I know from the test stand running of the DLE I am very happy of the power in this engine!! Lots of work left to do on the build, but, it will be done. I hope this info help!! Please keep us undated on the build!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 08-10-2012, 06:12 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Thanks for all the responses regarding the vinyl sticker idea gents and sorry for the delays. It's been a bit hectic around here for the last few days. I went ahead and cut a test sample from the only color of vinyl I have on hand, chrome. Probably not the best color but it served to prove the idea. I needed a dark back ground to stick it on so it went on the tinted rear window of my truck. This one is 5 inches across and I would not recommend going much smaller or the lettering gets hard to deal with. Bigger is no problem though. I need to source some vinyl and some transfer tape and then I will be able to provide a cost for you guys who want them. I will try and provide half a dozen different colors, some light and some dark. For those who want to put them on a dark surface you will need a light color and vice-versa. It is also possible to weed them just the opposite of what I did below so that you end up with the lettering and profile of the Spitfire being vinyl instead of them being the negative space. Note that I left my number out of this one but the choice is yours if you want your Brotherhood number in there. If you do want your number I think it will look better without the # sign as noted by tevans55's above. Give me another couple of days and I will post back here with a price. I can't imagine it's going to be more than a buck or two each though. If you want to send me a self addressed, stamped envelope that would be great or I can simply charge a couple of bucks to cover the shipping costs. We can work out that detail when you place your order. Thanks brothers for your patience!

Chad,
I know for myself, this patch would look good in the back window of my SUV right next to the AMA patch!! I don't know if you take PayPal, but I would be more than happy to pay for shipping. For me I think I would go without the number, because when the Brother see it on the SUV and own my flight box, than they will see me and I would be more than happy to give them my number while I greet them face to face.
Thanks again for the hard work you are doing with this patch!!
HAve a great weekend of flying, Brothers!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.