Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GLENNIS AIRCRAFT

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Russianfighters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLENNIS AIRCRAFT

Hello dear US fellow modelers,

Does anyone know Dennis from GLENNIS AIRCRAFT ?

I ordered to Dennis 4 months ago the scale mains and tail wheel for my CACTUS F8F BEARCAT.

Today, no wheels, no answers to my several e-mails and $300 less in my bankacount ...

So my questions are : Is GLENNIS AIRCRAFT still in activity today or is Dennis still alive ? Hum.

Francis

Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GLENNIS AIRCRAFT

It's been my experience with Glennis aircraft ,Is, that his usual time from your cash and receiving the items ordered and paid for ,is usually SIX months .IF you do get a hold of him he will tell you there going out this week . Most likely you'll receive them in JUNE of this year .

Semper Fi
Joe
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He is. His mother is quite ill and he's aliitle preoccupied at times with that. I just recently recieved a set of wheels from him.

Hope this helps! He's an honest guy.

Casey
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Unclejoe is quite right. Dennis is a great guy and he does custom work. It does take some time to get it because it is not "off the shelf". I just talked to him the other day about my order and he told me he had orders for top gun he is trying to get finished up. I would not worry he will get back to you.
George
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Russianfighters

Thanks for your answers Joe, Casey & George. Ok, understood. When Dennis say 8 weeks to be delivered, it's 6 months. Well, I will wait watching my Bear walking on her knees ....

Francis
Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 PM
1percenta

Yes, I can vouch for all the threads. I am from Australia it took me six months to get a set of 109 wheels and I have waited over 6 months for a set of 5.5 in wheels for a 190, I rang him the other day and he said they would be out by the weekend which meant I should have had them a fortnight ago. Was getting worried until I read these threads but theres not a lot I can do but keep on waiting and hope you are all right. Its a long way to come from Australia to California.

Thanks
Mick
Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Brad330l

I got my Spitfire wheels after a good few months. I was just starting to get worried and they turned up.
You'll be alright mate. They'll come.

Brad
Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 AM
1percenta

Yeah I hope so, it'd be re assuring if he'd just respond to emails.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 AM
ir3
My Feedback: (42)

I guess it's my turn to chime in on this discussion. I have had an order in his shop since May. I have never received any email responses from him in 6 months, no return phone calls, and the only time I did get through it was to one of the shop workers. They said in August that the work was being done and would get out very soon. Well it is October and still no responses. He has a large sum of my money and quite frankly I think I am flogging a dead horse. I do not know what is going on up there but I am afraid that I won't be hearing from him at all and my money is lost.

A shame because his product is quite nice but running a business this way can only go one way.

IR3
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ir3

I guess it's my turn to chime in on this discussion. I have had an order in his shop since May. I have never received any email responses from him in 6 months, no return phone calls, and the only time I did get through it was to one of the shop workers. They said in August that the work was being done and would get out very soon. Well it is October and still no responses. He has a large sum of my money and quite frankly I think I am flogging a dead horse. I do not know what is going on up there but I am afraid that I won't be hearing from him at all and my money is lost.

A shame because his product is quite nice but running a business this way can only go one way.

IR3
IR3 I know how you feel & I'm in agreement with you, when dealing with Glennis ,one's monies is spent (my choice of words) the CC have been paid ,and one feels like they just got screwed and did not even take one's paints off . HOPEFULLY some day soon you'll find a package from Glennis .... The products are great but I question their worth when one has to wait,wait,wait,wait, and NOT get a status up date
Semper Fi
Joe

Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Russianfighters

IR3,

I had the same bad experience with Dennis from Glennis Aircraft. I waited 6 months for the delivery of my grummanF8F Bearcat wheels despite my numerous reminders by e-mail that remained unanswered. Although I paid the wheels to Dennis, I did notwant to wait ... I ordered one set ofF8F wheels to SIERRA GIANT SCALE and I confess I do not regret it because these wheels are absolutely beautiful ... as the gear that I bought a few months earlier.

But one morning without warning by Glennis, I received the long awaited wheels ...I wrote to Dennis to ask him if I couldreturn the wheels. he acceptedand refund me without any difficulty. To summarize, Dennis is the "worst commercial agent" I've ever met but it is an honest person who does nice work.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
ir3

You are spot on about his being the "worst commercial agent". As for his work, the best. I ordered a set of 1/8 scale B-25 landing gear, wheels, and brakes back in 2002-2003 time frame and when they finally came, it couldn't be better. However, dealing with him left me wondering just who this person is. An EGO almost as big as the planet acting as if we owed him something for being in business. Well there are a lot of new suppliers that are providing great true to scale products. He will slowly or quickly lose a significant part of this continually dwindling hobby and will probably go out of business.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
1percenta

Well, I have news. My 5 1/4 FW 190 wheels turned up without notice after, (Like all of you pre paid) and never had any correspondence from him despite numerous enquiries. I used to email on a daily basis, just a few lines saying "Good morning, or good afternoon") hope you are well and never a reply. I thought he'd get sick of me eventually and send them and he did. Whether or not my input made any difference one will never know, but it made me feel better.

Sadly they are terrific and I cant for the life of me think of why or how you'd run a good business this way. A simple and curteous reply as to the status of your order would suffice I'm sure and everyone would be happy. At any rate dont give up, mine took close to eight months to arrive and I will never go back for any other wheels. I dont care how good he is, I'm not subjecting myself to that sort of treatment again. I dont care how good a bloke he is I'll use the plastic Du Bro's if I have too.

Mick
Australia.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
1percenta

This is the bit I love, its the terms. Its like reading the Mein Kampf, but it makes no mention that its going to take months to get your product and you wont receive any corro in regards to status. Rather hypercritical I should think.

Ordering:

You may place an order by phone any day , 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

Orders are accepted by mail and E-Mail also. Mail, and E-Mail orders must include a return address, FAX, and / or phone number. The Total price should be confirmed ahead of time to avoid delays due to price changes.
Orders by phone may be recorded for accuracy and to prevent credit card fraud.

E-mail requests:

Allow 3 business days for reply to any e-mail. Some requests may take longer if they require additional information to be gathered on our end (price quotes, tracking, etc).

All e-mail correspondence is saved by Glennis Aircraft, and will be referred to if necessary. E-mail IS NOT a guaranteed science - if you want to make certain your request / question is received and answered, you should inquire by phone.

Glennis Aircraft is not responsible for e-mail that is lost or misdirected.

Glennis Aircraft is unable to send photo's, drawings, etc. via e-mail due to our high volume of e-mail requests.

Manufacture:

ALL ORDERS ARE CUSTOM ORDERS. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for manufacture.

Some orders May Exceed this time if they do not meet standard production sizes, styles, etc., or if delays in manufacture are encountered for any reason. Specifications on products may change at any time with no notice or obligation to update prior purchases/products.

Foreign Orders:

FOREIGN CUSTOMERS must pay all customs charges, import taxes, or any related fee required by their country or shipping company.

Foreign customers are welcome to E-mail their order, as this assures that the correct address is received. Orders may be E-mailed, with the payment information phoned, if you prefer.
Glennis Aircraft DOES NOT "devalue" the actual price on Customs forms or other documents. This practice does not allow us to insure the package for its actual value.

Please note that many products are not "stock" items, and will not be shipped immediately.

Due to frequent fraud, foreign customers may be asked or required to pay by means other than credit card.
Returns:

RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR ANY REASON. This is due to the fact that all orders are made specifically for the customer, and cannot be re-sold.

There is a 25% restocking fee plus shipping and handling for authorized returns. Authorized returns may be made for store credit only, not cash refunds. Items available for return/store credit may vary and are limited in scope. The customer must request and receive from Glennis Aircraft, in writing prior to purchase that the item is exchangeable.

Payment:

ALL ORDERS MUST BE PAID FOR IN ADVANCE. Payment may be made by Visa, Discover, Mastercard, Check, or Money Order.

All orders paid by check will be held until the check clears. NO C.O.D. ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
"Custom" or "One Off" orders made to customer specifications require payment by Cashier Check (issued by a bank) in advance of manufacture.

Glennis Aircraft no longer accepts payment by Wire Transfer.
Shipping:

SHIPPING TIME IS IN ADDITION TO MANUFACTURE TIME. All shipping and handling charges will be paid by the customer.

Orders in the continental United States are normally shipped Federal Express or UPS ground. Shipping and Handling fees may vary with rate changes. All customs fees, import taxes, or sales taxes must be paid by the customer.

Customers who return items for repair or inspection agree to pay return shipping/handling fees and any necessary taxes associated with the return shipment.

Please note that many products are not "stock" items, and will not be shipped immediately.

Orders are filmed on security cameras to insure their contents, and completeness.

Responsibility:

Glennis Aircraft is not responsible for orders after they are shipped from our facility.

Glennis Aircraft maintains a logbook with the United States Postal Service (USPS) to show proof that Foreign Orders were shipped. Shipments with United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx), and other shippers have tracking numbers assigned to them, that prove the order was shipped. Delays in receiving an order due to a loss or delay in shipping is not the responsibly of Glennis Aircraft.

Please note that many products are not "stock" items, and will not be shipped immediately. Customer request for tracking information may take up to 72 hours due to our heavy shipping volume.
Replacement orders for lost or damaged items are not started until payment is received from the shipping company.

Damaged Shipments - Repairs - Replacement Parts:

Damaged shipments should be taken up with the shipping company . DO NOT return the merchandise to us as this will jeopardize your/our chances of placing a claim and receiving the proper credit. Items damaged during use or needing replacement parts can be returned for repair after calling Glennis Aircraft to authorize their return. Unauthorized packages will be denied, and not accepted. THE CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF LABOR, PARTS, AND RETURN SHIPPING AND HANDLING.
There are no repair options for Glennis Aircraft products that are modified or changed in any way, or that are our of date to current designs / specifications. Customer is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of items damaged during any type of use or model set up

In Some instances, the customer may have to verify ownership of a Glennis Aircraft product before certain replacement parts are sold.

Warranty Information:

Glennis Aircraft provides a limited warranty on all products.

Products manufactured by Glennis Aircraft carry a limited "30 days from delivery" warranty against manufacture defects, with the exception of:

Tire tread, texture, color, or design
Surface or quality of castings/plastic parts
Surface, quality, color, or design of wheels
Fit or function where another manufacturers products may not be to correct specifications (i.e. landing gear/struts).
Where customer/dealer has modified landing gear, or kit/plans to his own design.
Where customer/dealer did not provide correct information when ordering products.
There is no warranty for Glennis Aircraft products that are modified or changed in any way, or that are our of date to current designs/specifications, or that have been damaged during any type of use or model set up.

Glennis Warranty only pertains to original purchaser of products, not to parties who receive products "second hand" (even if purchased as new), or who purchase products through another party or organization.

During the warranty period, Glennis Aircraft reserves the right to repair or replace the product as necessary. Customer must call and discuss situation and receive permission to return any product for any reason.

The customer is responsible for return shipping costs on warranty repairs.

Advertising Disclaimer:

Glennis Aircraft is not under obligation or requirement under any circumstance to produce any product advertised or shown.

Our product lines change rapidly, due to the unstable market in the modeling industry. Although not common, a product may be discontinued when the model it was for is no longer popular, or in production.

If using a Glennis Aircraft products is going to be a deciding factor in a project, call and confirm that it is still available.

furthermore:

Glennis Aircraft is not under obligation or requirement under any circumstance to update the contents of any advertising materials, including:
Glennis.Com webpage, or any other internet based information
printed advertisements in magazines
printed catalogs, if offered
other information including telephone messages, packaging, shipping materials, and phone numbers.

Rights of Refusal:

Glennis Aircraft or its representatives reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Enforcing this agreement:

Glennis Aircraft or its representatives can delay in enforcing, or fail to enforce any of our rights under this agreement without losing them.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
ir3

Isn't all of that the legalese for multi-billion dollar corporations that have a lot to lose if they do not make any or all of the disclaimers???
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
1percenta

Yes,
I just sent the link to this forum to him for his info, plus his own disclaimers to make the point. It wont help me I already have my wheels but it might help some other poor bugger who is waiting and stressed over whether or not he'll receive his product or money again. The above threads say Dennis is a nice person, well he may well be I'm not questioning his integrity only his business ethic.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM
ir3

Has anyone received anything from Glennis or made any kind of contact within the last few week. When calling, at least one of the shop workers answers but now I get only the answering service. I asked for a response just out of courtesy but my gut feeling is that another mom and pop operation has gone under.

If anyone is familiar with Details4Scale, the same problem. Always responding with the package will go out in a few days but nothing. He does not answer emails anymore.

It is making it very difficult for the scratch builders and the kit cutter builders to get any kind of scale details anymore. I guess with more and more people going to ARFs the niche markets are just drying up.

Thanks,

IR3
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
1percenta

I posted the above two threads, and pretty much concur with what you have said. Youvé summed it up well. I'm sure you will get them even if its like pulling teeth, unfortunately theres not a whole lot you can do. Hang in there.
Mick
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

The only thing I find interesting is that Glennis is not here replying. He used to always come on the boards and reply to any criticism...

Jeff
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM
alanc

STREWTH, have you guys ANY suppliers over there that have ANY standards? i just trudged through half of the Glennis terms and conditions further up, and started to lose the will to live,

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: ir3

It is making it very difficult for the scratch builders and the kit cutter builders to get any kind of scale details anymore. I guess with more and more people going to ARFs the niche markets are just drying up.

Thanks,

IR3
Exactly correct. Since 90+% of the market is now ARFs it is neither economicaly feasible nor time efficient to continue with niche products. I continue to produce custom decals and paint masks for existing customers and occasionally a new one. However the equipment and software to run it is obsolete (about eight years old) and I don't feel like investing another 10K to update. When it quits, I will too, for good.

Custom work is rapidly disappearing from the hobby industry.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
glazier808

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new set of Glennis 1/5 scale 109 wheels for sale. They are beautiful, but I could not get them to fit into the wing of the "F" I'm building. I'll cut you a deal, and there is no wait!

PM me if interested thanks...

Casey
Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Brad330l

ORIGINAL: glazier808

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new set of Glennis 1/5 scale 109 wheels for sale. They are beautiful, but I could not get them to fit into the wing of the ''F'' I'm building. I'll cut you a deal, and there is no wait!

PM me if interested thanks...

Casey
Casey, PM sent.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
1percenta

Yep havent had a problem with any one else in the States, especially Dino Di Giorgio at Meister. So dont think they're all the same. Had to laugh at your comments though and your right about the terms and conditions that was a good one.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Moggy
My Feedback: (9)

I went on the website and emailed asking if they were still in business since I am going to be ready to order a set of wheels and rims for a spitfire. I also said it I don't get a response within 7 business days I will assume they are no longer in business. It's been over 7 days and no response. I didn't think I was out of line after reading the stories here. I'm not throwing my money out the window.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.