Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Marutaka/ Royal Zero 62

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Marutaka/ Royal Zero 62

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marutaka/ Royal Zero 62

Looks great ! I seen one of these at a swap meet once tempted to buy it but knew then as I know now that i dont have the time to comit to a full build like this, but its great when and if I do Ill have some good refrence points on this thread, keep them pic coming
Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM
chistech

Really looking great Graham. My friend Gerry has had to put his SR Zero into the Rufe on hold but should be getting back to it shortly. I was able to enlarge my 40 size Marutaka Rufe plans 11% which ended up matching his SR Zero's fuse length perfectly. This should enable him to make the conversion much easier using the same Marutaka techniques rather than the TopFlite float conversion. Keep the nice work coming. I actually might get to my Rufe next year once I'm done restoring a Chevy Blazer on a frame-off. I just purchased a 40 size Marutaka Raiden also to build. I currently have enough kits to keep me going for about 4-10yrs depending on how much time I get to work on them. Better get my butt in gear!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
GrahamPC

Just to keep you all posted. I have done a little more on the Zero. The wing is sheeted, and the wing tips have been fitted and sanded to shape. I just need to line the wheel wells with some 1/64th ply, and fit the under wing bulge and air intake, and the wing will be ready for glass cloth. I'm still undecided about covering. I may go for water based PU and glass cloth, as I know what I am doing with it. I may try epoxy for the first time, partly because it sands better. I'm also still trying to decide between electric, which might be a bit on the heavy side, or maybe a RCG 15cc petrol from HobbyKing.

Anyway.... Here's a picture of my modified wing mounting dowels. The detail on the plan will not work with retracts as the dowels would pass through the area where the wheels sit. Here is what I did. Soft balsa blocks carry the loads into the centre rib:

T
Old 02-22-2020, 04:43 AM
woodburner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lil bump....have you finished the Rufe? Cheers!