Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Black Horse Warbirds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Black Horse Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Black Horse Warbirds

I noticed that Black Horse Models has several new giant-scale warbird ARFs! The pics on the website are not very high quality, but they do look pretty good. Of course, I wouldn't expect them to show photos that make them look bad! Mostly I am interested in the BF-109E and the Hawker Hurricane. Around 87" wingspan and the description says they are primarily balsa and ply (instead of fiberglass) and covered with film. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on you're point of view.

Hobby People has most of the Black Horse planes but not the Messerschmidt or the Hurricane.

Has anybody seen these planes up close? Do they look pretty good? Are they built well?

And does anybody know where to buy one?

http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/in...mod=pro&cat=34
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Black Horse Warbirds

There is a thread on the ARF topic about the BH Giant Corsair. The consensus was that the Plane went together well, was a great flyer... but the included retracts were worthless.

Oriole
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the Black Horse models are available through hobbypeople.net
Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
ho2zoo

It figures that the retracts wouldn't be much good- that seems to be a weak point for most ARFs.

As I said above, the Hurricane and BF-109 are not listed on the Hobby People web site, so I still wonder where one might get one.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
kahloq

If your mostly interested in the ME-109, you can already get an 87" me-109G from ESM.
http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_in...443519bbc98041

Usually, prices for Black Horse are actually HIGHER then the same sized plane as offered from ESM.
Case in point, the BH fw-190 70" sized plane came out originally at $499, while the ESM fw-190 A is $309. Subsequent price drops has the BH fw-190 at $419. ESM are fiberglass fuse and much more scale in appearance.

Right now, the BH 88" westland wyvern is $649 so you can bet the 86" me-109e will be the same price for a built up stand off scale aircraft. The ESM me-109g is $559 with a lot more detail on it plus it has plug in wings for easy transporting.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Asanders

Just found this, looks like it is available in England.

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?topic=90782.0
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM
ho2zoo

I am quite familiar with the ESM models as I have the P-40 and the Me-110. (Just not assembled yet!) I have been seriously considering the ESM Me-109G (like I need more projects!), but I just like the look of the 'E' model more. And I like that the Hurricane is larger.

Thanks Asanders, that's the kind of pics I was looking for! And honest evaluations!

I think it looks very good for a film-covered ARF! I think with some dressing-up and weathering it could look super! I have seen a video of the Wyvern flying- it seems to do pretty well. I think it was in California.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:57 PM
kahloq

I have the me-110 as well....just finished it up actually.

Next project I am now beginning is the ESM FW-190 D9.
Also have the esm b-25, 2x esm me-109E(one electric/one glow), esm p-51B, and esm fw-190A8. Had a stuka several years ago, but engine problems caused it to go mush along with a probable tail heavy issue.

As far the BH, they are decent planes...lighter then an esm usually, but just not as eye catching scale wise. I have thought about getting their stuka and doing some bash work to it, but have too many projects as it is.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

My bud just maidened his BH MACCHI MC-200. The plane is very light. Retracts won't hold air so there's a leak some where. Second flight the aileron came lose in flight. There's a piano wire that acts as the pivot for the aileron hinges. It came out into the flap compartment.

Plane flew fine although not very fast with it's Laser 120 engine.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 AM
apeers

just to let you all know there has been a couple of updates to this thread [link]http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?topic=90782.0[/link] and the maiden is hopefully this weekend!
any questions about the kit, fire away!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
ho2zoo

Finally Hobby People has the Hurricane and Messerschmidt for sale on their website! Has anybody bought one yet?

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-55cc-gas.html

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-55cc-gas.html