Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Flyzone FW 190 pilot

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Flyzone FW 190 pilot

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyzone FW 190 pilot

Here are a few shots of a full-figured pilot I recruited to fly my Butcher Bird. I used a Sam Fisher action figure from the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell series and converted him to Luftwaffe duty. I simply painted his shirt and made the accessories he's wearing from scratch. The helmet is a finger tip cut off of a neoprene glove, the life jacket is a piece of yellow latex glove and the parachute harness is fiberglass tape and plastic styrene cut to shape. He'll do just fine, in spite of his weight, but as this plane needs some tail weight anyway, he should be ok. Also included some pics of the minor mods I made to the plane itself. Added the swastika to the tail, painted the wing root areas, as I didn't like the light blue paint in these areas, removed the "tape" frame from the canopy and painted the frame, then lightly sprayed the whole plane with a clear flat finish to dull out the decals a bit. We'll see how she flys.

Jesse

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99011.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1765537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68243.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1765538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80640.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1765539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35582.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1765540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19731.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1765541  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone FW 190 pilot

post your experiences with durability and how well they fly the foam planes look pretty good from a few steps backI bought a parkzone FW for my kids and they never flew it so it sits in the box, might just sell it off and get one of these so I can have some fun with it
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone FW 190 pilot

bigtim,
I'll try and fly it this weekend, but it's been crazy windy around here. Steady winds of 20 mph with gusts to 40! Not sure I would like to do a maiden flight like that, but Sunday looks a little calmer. I'll come back on here with a post-maiden report and tell all.

Jesse