Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
luckyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Day

Just wanted to say thanks to all the Military and remember their service and sacrifice this Holiday weekend. They are the reason we are free to go out and fly and have a good time. This weekend I'm going to fly a warbird in remembrance of those who never got the chance. I hope many of you can do the same...............Doug
Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Memorial Day

+ 1

Past and present military folks, know that we appreciate your service.

Dave Olson
(drafted, 1966, US Army)
Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 PM
TJPro351
My Feedback: (8)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A heart felt salute to all miitary members that sacrificed their lives that made the US what it is today. A sharp and firm salute to those who are serving, those who have served and those who have served and retired.

Tim
MSgt, USAF, Retired
1981-2003
Old 05-25-2012, 02:30 PM
hydrolazer

one of my most favorite things to do is when i see a veteran wearing his ww2 hat is to go up to him and introduce myself to him and say THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SACRAFICES FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SO I AM FREE TODAY. this usually brings a tear to their eyes and they thank me for letting them know that they were and still are appreciated for their service. the sad thing is the younger generation doesnt have a clue what the big one was all about and they never say anything to them at all. what a shame.. i hope i get a chance to see more of them and the ones still in uniform this weekend and thank them personally again. if you get a chance and see some of them then let them know they are appreciated,,,, a vet myself
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My salute to "The Heroes", taken during the 70th Reunion of the Doolittle Raiders last April.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57497.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1766161  
Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 AM
captainron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN BROTHA
Old 05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: hydrolazer

one of my most favorite things to do is when i see a veteran wearing his ww2 hat is to go up to him and introduce myself to him and say THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SACRAFICES FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SO I AM FREE TODAY. this usually brings a tear to their eyes and they thank me for letting them know that they were and still are appreciated for their service. the sad thing is the younger generation doesnt have a clue what the big one was all about and they never say anything to them at all. what a shame.. i hope i get a chance to see more of them and the ones still in uniform this weekend and thank them personally again. if you get a chance and see some of them then let them know they are appreciated,,,, a vet myself

I do the same for ANY serviceman or woman, whenever I see them, and their families also, cause I know their sacrifice is great also. SEMPER FI
Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 AM
prop wash

They have done and are doing a great job.Give any vet a handshake or a hug.Semper Fi.