Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Flying Qualities - AT6 vs Hawker Hurricane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Flying Qualities - AT6 vs Hawker Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Stoneke
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Qualities - AT6 vs Hawker Hurricane

I have a Byron AT6 that I finished for a customer and it is now mine. I am contemplating selling the plane for an ESM82" Hurricane. I have heard horror stories on the difficulty in take offs and landings with the Texan and don't know whether I want to contend with this. How does the Hurricane compare in flight qualities, and in comparison to the Texan. An additional question. What is generally the easiest/most enjoyableWWIIwarbird to fly?Your comments will be appreciated.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Ed

Default RE: Flying Qualities - AT6 vs Hawker Hurricane

It's the Hurricane heads and tails over the AT-6. Better airfoil, better landing gear stance.

Easy and enjoyable ? Ju-87 Stuka, .................. no retracts.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Dash7ATP

The P-47 flies and lands great!

Dash
Old 05-28-2012, 06:13 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FS AT-6 was the trainer for the P-51 and was intended to replicate it's handling qualities both on the ground and in the air.[8D] That said, the TF AT-6 has admirable qualities in both areas where others may not.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

The trick to keeping the T6 tracking straight down the runway on take off it a little toe in on the mains AND holding a bit of right rudder BEFORE you start your take off roll NOT after you start that`s when it will go left on you and you will be fighting to keep up with it hence the zig zag down the runway. On landings, power down to the deck then as the wheels touch let go of most of the elevator. If you don`t it will bunny hope. Having said that, the ESM Hurricane is lighter and will be easier to handle than the AT6. As we say the Byron T6 will make a man out of you if you are up to it.
Easier planes to fly are the ones with out retracts like the Val and Stuka. With retracts, Zero, P47, and P51.