Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Hawker Hurricane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Hawker Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Stoneke
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM Hawker Hurricane

I am planning to get the ESMHurricane and would like to power it withsomething in the range of a200 inchor 40 cc gas or glowengine - no electric power. A primaryfactor in the engineselectionchoice is minimal cowling relief cutting. I recognize that the nature of the Hurricane's nosedesign will require relieving for the cylinder head(s), but I don't want additional side cutting for a muffler, nor do I want a cylindrical muffler sticking out parallel to the nose. (I know, I'm a scale addict.) A rear muffler design would seem to suit the needs. I don't necessarily mindcutting modifications to the bottom of the nose to allow forminimal projection.What might any of you suggest for an engine and maybe acustom muffler that wouldkeep as much ofthe smooth contour of the Hurricane nose? Thanks for your replies.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 AM
alanc

Default RE: ESM Hawker Hurricane

DLE 32 cc, pitts wrap around silencer, cut a step in the bottom of the fuselage, reinforce with ply sheet, mount the engine with short stand offs, and get a prop extension made, ive done this on my YT stuka, and dle 20, and no head at the bottom, smaller engine, i know, but the best set up for what you want, then there is the saito 36 four stroke gas engine, but thats a lottery win
Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM
PSJDBF

I Have a Saito 200Ti in mine but I guess that would be two lottery wins []. Great engine though heaps of torque, used the flexi pipes so no exhaust poking out anywhere had to open up the bottom of the cowl for cooling....sounds pretty good to.
Cheers.

My utube channel has a few vids of the Hurricane with the 200Ti http://www.youtube.com/user/psjdb?feature=mhee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48753.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1767347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81790.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1767348  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Stoneke

I am planning to get the ESM Hurricane and would like to power it with something in the range of a 200 inch or 40 cc gas or glow engine - no electric power. A primary factor in the engine selection choice is minimal cowling relief cutting. I recognize that the nature of the Hurricane's nose design will require relieving for the cylinder head(s), but I don't want additional side cutting for a muffler, nor do I want a cylindrical muffler sticking out parallel to the nose. (I know, I'm a scale addict.) A rear muffler design would seem to suit the needs. I don't necessarily mind cutting modifications to the bottom of the nose to allow for minimal projection. What might any of you suggest for an engine and maybe a custom muffler that would keep as much of the smooth contour of the Hurricane nose? Thanks for your replies.
I have the PTE36R (go to ptepower.com) which I bought for my ESM Hurricane
It is a 36cc gas with rear carb and rear exhaust for good fit inside a tight cowl
Old 05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Stoneke
My Feedback: (5)

Well, I'm looking seriously at the Evo 40 gas to a good fit. Any comments???? Keith