Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Needed Midwest Messerschmitt instructions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Needed Midwest Messerschmitt instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
bigdaddy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed Midwest Messerschmitt instructions

Picked up a Midwest Messerschmitt R/C .40 size kit, minus the instruction booklet.
Kit is long out of production, Midwest is of no help. If you happen to have one left over
from a past project ( or could scan one ) I would be interested in communicating with you.
Cheers, bigdaddy
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Needed Midwest Messerschmitt instructions

I have the kit in my collection I need to look for it see what I can do, just the inst book?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM
bigdaddy

Yes, that is correct.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If BigTim can't find his I can probably lay my hands on my book pretty easily. PM me if you wind up needing it I flew that plane for years...good flying plane.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 PM
bigtim

I can get it, I have been a little busy the last few days,so I have been dragging my feet a bit sorry, but I will get down to my shop and dig it up,I hate when my ADD kicks in I get distracted easily, like a moth to light
Old 06-20-2012, 04:15 PM
frets24

ORIGINAL: bigtim

I can get it, I have been a little busy the last few days,so I have been dragging my feet a bit sorry, but I will get down to my shop and dig it up,I hate when my ADD kicks in I get distracted easily, like a moth to light

I think that is one of the requirements in this hobby With me it means that I can't seem to finish one task or area of work on a plane without having ten other tasks going at the same time[&:]
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM
bigtim

hey frets24 well guess what I dig my kit out and my instruction book is missing as well, I have no idea where it is, if you are up for making a copy I would like to get one as well for mine its a pretty easy build but having the book around doesn't hurt, I was un packing the kit and the old its got to be here somewhere come out, until the box is empty
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM
frets24

I looked in my box where I have a spare wing kit, decals and canopies but it wasn't there...must be in the filing cabinet. I built the plane decades ago and have seen the book within the last year or two, so I know it's here. I'll look further and let you know.

PM rec'vd and reply sent
Old 06-29-2012, 04:54 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one of these once, when you guys get ready to build pay close attention to the last steps in the wing build. After jigging the wing to build it straight they tell us to use the monokote to add 6 degrees of washout (I just remember it was a lot). But the part that struck me was that after jigging the wing I added washout, well they know what they want so I did it.

I had a buddy that built the P-51D, I had the Me109, and we used to moch dog fight. Had a ball! But we noticed that every now and then the plane would stall and spin. We’d pull it out and continue on. It got so bad with the spin that the down wind turn had to be flown at full throttle. The wings were to flimsy for am incidence meter so we got together one evening and with a ruler checked the wings and found we had no washout. The wings has bent back to the position they were jig built to. So we bent them back. After the second time out the snapping into a spin started again. After a long drawn out tracking of what was happening, on hot sunny days the monokote would relax and the wing would go to the place it was built no washout.

When you build yours change the jigging to build the washout in then you don’t have to worry about this.

i'll look to c if i still have my destructions, though they usually go with the plane.

Joe
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
frets24

Hey Joe,

It's been a while, we used to hang out in the same couple of 190 or 109 threads years back...good to see ya 'round again.

Dittos on the wash-out!! I got so frustrated with the wing going back to primacy that I ordered a new wing kit that I intended to build WITH the wash-out in the build. The kit arrived the day after I spun the plane into a treetop...sun got in my eyes and I didn't catch the spin in time[&:] Old wing destroyed but the fuse came out surprisingly unscathed. Still have the fuse, old wing bits, and the wing kit. Someday I'll get it back into the que.

It was a kittycat when it was setup right and a real booger when the washout faded. I didn't have any washout at the maiden and it tip stalled badly on the take-off. Only had a twisted up gear to repair a punishment for overlooking it...just lucky i guess The Xmtr in the pic gives an idea as to the time period
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37963.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1777002  
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM
frets24

Found the book in my filing cabinet...knew they were somewhere
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
frets24

Hey B.Daddy and B.Tim,

Went to the printshop today to do some stuff and had these made up while I was there.

Pm me your addresses and I'll drop them in an envelope and send them your way They were less than $3 each so don't worry about costs...The several sets of building plans/blueprints I had to have done was over $400 so I just put it all on my business acct.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70912.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1780028  
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
bigtim

PM sent thanks so much
Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
frets24

ORIGINAL: bigtim

PM sent thanks so much
Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
bigdaddy

Hey, frets24 mailed me a instruction booklet. THANKS. The fact that a total stranger would go out of their way to aid another individual is certainly a noble action.
Makes me proud to be a modeler. Wish more people were willing to help others. Building in washout to prevent tip stall instead of relying on the covering to hold the
washout seems like a very good idea. Think I will go for about 3 degrees. Wonder why Midwest quit making the kit. I'll bet I bid on at least 10 on e bay and always got outbid
when I forgot to recheck my auctions or was tied up in the OR. They always sell high. Finally, after 4 years, . I ponied up the green for one.. minus booklet. Has the right to Midwest kits been sold to any kit cutters? Seems like their aircraft were respected as decent flyers, and not over engineered. Bigdaddy.