Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Slowing Pnuematic Landing Gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Slowing Pnuematic Landing Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowing Pnuematic Landing Gear

I am using Robarts Air Up/Air Down Retracts; Mains & Tail Wheel; when the Gear is Extended or Retracted the following happens: one side moves nice and slow, a slight delay then the other side Slams up or down, then a slight delay and the tail Gear Slams up or down; I'm using the Red Adjustable Robarts Retract Valve.

Would using those inline air restrictors on the affected gear work? or do I need to adjust the valve a little bit more, allow air to exhaust quicker or slower? or some sort of Slow Servo programming?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
edp
My Feedback: (5)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Slowing Pnuematic Landing Gear

Look at the length of your air lines. I have the same problem with my Robart's in my T-28. The mains are equal in length and the nose a little shorter. The mains are slow and smooth and the nose is slam/slam. I have the air line inserts in my pattern bird from the valve before they "T" off the to the wing and nose. I still have one is faster then the others. I have the red valve in the T-28 and the standard in the pattern ship. There must be some small differences in the gear on tolerances.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25722.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1774424  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Dash7ATP

Any kind of restriction in the gear itself will cause it to be slower until the pressure in the line builds up to overcome that restriction. One cure is to put wheel collers on the lines which allows you to adjust each gear seperately. I usuallyadjust the gear to come upat slightly different rates,depending on the type of plane. Some full scale do retract at different rates. As for extending, Iwantmine to go down unimpededso they will be more likely to lock down.

Dash
Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Got er fixed; put a restrictor on the main line from the tank to the valve, restrictors on both lines to the tail gear, adjusted the valves and works great now, real scale like, gear locks on extension, ready to go, thanks for the help guys.