Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM
JamF4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beware of hobby king warranty claims

If Pete states this as a part of his policy, and if the customer accepts, then that is business as usual. I believe that the problem here is HK not following Australian import laws, if I understand it correctly. Pete would not have to meet these standards as he's in Ausrtalia and not importing into the country.

I don't think it has anything to do with import laws as most model products are imported into Australia, I may be wrong.

Pete states: "Interesting this is that under Australian consumer legislation and as the item was dispAtched from Australia it is therefore covered the seller must bare the cost of any returns for warranty or refund." Which is the same as his company policy I think?, no problem there.

Yet later in the debate, it is stated:
"I have the RMA details at long last and HK are now at least saying it can be sent back to them in Syd.
Next step is getting them to pay the postage costs which they have to do."

So who pays for the return under Australian consumer laws?

And yes, referring to them selling to the local market in the above.

Thought so, happy modeling.

By the way this is what we get in Hong Kong when we try to log onto Hobby King:

Not Found

The requested URL /www.hobbyking.com was not found on this server.

Yet we can log onto Hobby King in mainland China, but youtube, facebook and google are blocked? Go figure?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: edfman

ORIGINAL: Bill G

Why is it whenever someone points out the facts they are accused to working for (insert organisation name here)

Because it so beyond obvious in many cases. Also because this is not rcg, where a person cannot even think of considering that someone is working for HK, without being reported to JTG and then banned. I wouldn't exactly call your facts relevant facts either, but just typical derailing of valid complaints. The customer's problem still stands unresolved, as always.
Some facts are that of your relatively few posts, a large number of them are contesting a person who have issues with HobbyKing.
Actually he simply asked if you are being paid by HK, rather than accusing you of it, which is another ''fact'' to get straight. A fair question, for someone who makes so many posts in defending them.
Its called lurking Bill. As usual the conspiracy crew crawl out from under their rock to interogate people LOL. Deary me.

As an australian I know what the score. Pete is going to waste hours and hours with QDFT and in the end they will take $20 to tell him that BTW. All he has to do is pay $12.00 to ship it to the australian warehosue. I had a credit a few days later when i sent stuff back. There is no point in wasting your time with government agencies that simply have no juristiction.

Bill, topspin. your agenda is well known.

Mark, so is yours.
By the way, you have 10 posts in this thread, I have 3, who has an agenda?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is truely amazing that these guys that defend HK so vehemently, yet claim that they have nothing to do with HK, know so much about HK and it procedures and policies.

Either they have pursued HK with such regularity as to satisfy their own problems with HK, their own receipt of sub quality products or unsatisfactory clashes with HK, that they have mastered on how to deal with HK and know all the "in and outs" of how HK works.

If they have learned all the information from experience, why do they continuly defend the company known for sub par merchandise, the lack of customer service and flagrant abuse of the import/export laws as well as the under valuation of merchandise through customs?

It would only escalate or even substantiate the suspicion that they must have some financial or other consideration involved.

edfman, you were asked if you were getting paid to defend HK, yet you failed to answer the question. Yet you continued your effort to provide advise and/or instruction on the situation.

Your advise was given and it was not accepted. So why do you insist to continue on with the conversation? Do you still feel the need to defend HK? Is the pay that good?

Frank

Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Bill G

Why is it whenever someone points out the facts they are accused to working for (insert organisation name here)

Because it so beyond obvious in many cases. Also because this is not rcg, where a person cannot even think of considering that someone is working for HK, without being reported to JTG and then banned. I wouldn't exactly call your facts relevant facts either, but just typical derailing of valid complaints. The customer's problem still stands unresolved, as always.
Some facts are that of your relatively few posts, a large number of them are contesting a person who have issues with HobbyKing.
Actually he simply asked if you are being paid by HK, rather than accusing you of it, which is another ''fact'' to get straight. A fair question, for someone who makes so many posts in defending them.
Its called lurking Bill. As usual the conspiracy crew crawl out from under their rock to interogate people LOL. Deary me.

As an australian I know what the score. Pete is going to waste hours and hours with QDFT and in the end they will take $20 to tell him that BTW. All he has to do is pay $12.00 to ship it to the australian warehosue. I had a credit a few days later when i sent stuff back. There is no point in wasting your time with government agencies that simply have no juristiction.

Bill, topspin. your agenda is well known.

I don't have an agenda, and mostly post scale/scratch building, much more at Wattflyer than here. You can search my posts at either place and there is no agenda.
One more thing to consider is that I just recently had RCU change my user name to Bill G, so that it would be the same name that I use at Wattflyer and other places. That way everyone always knows exactly who they are talking with. It definitely keeps me from being accused of being other people, or having people simply question my identity, because it clarifies that I am that same guy at a bunch of different sites that is heavily into scale scratch building.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Firstly I have purchased hundreds of dollars of various products from Hobby King, direct and through the USA facility. There has never been shipping damage nor defective products. All are still in use today.

So it amazes me that folks wail like baby banshees when a defect arises and begin blasting Hobby King in forums first, long before the problem has a chance to be resolved.

Communication is the key here and flying off the handle at HK’s first response to ship something back to China (probably their standard response) is a little short sighted. Additional clarification of purchase location certainly cleared up the problem for other posters so it tells me HK will stand by their warranty and take care of the issue if provided reasonable communications and a chance to do so.

Paying for return shipping is pretty much standard for online purchases and more often than not is refunded or credited by the seller. Digging in ones heels and refusing to pay it is being a jackass at best and only prolongs the issue.

To those who pile on saying never again to business with HK, fine, you are the one missing out. If I ever have a problem product they will be the first I contact rather than sniffling and howling on the forums to drum up sympathy.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

Firstly I have purchased hundreds of dollars of various products from Hobby King, direct and through the USA facility. There has never been shipping damage nor defective products. All are still in use today.

So it amazes me that folks wail like baby banshees when a defect arises and begin blasting Hobby King in forums first, long before the problem has a chance to be resolved.

Communication is the key here and flying off the handle at HK’s first response to ship something back to China (probably their standard response) is a little short sighted. Additional clarification of purchase location certainly cleared up the problem for other posters so it tells me HK will stand by their warranty and take care of the issue if provided reasonable communications and a chance to do so.

Paying for return shipping is pretty much standard for online purchases and more often than not is refunded or credited by the seller. Digging in ones heels and refusing to pay it is being a jackass at best and only prolongs the issue.

To those who pile on saying never again to business with HK, fine, you are the one missing out. If I ever have a problem product they will be the first I contact rather than sniffling and howling on the forums to drum up sympathy.

That generally is true. The biggest complaint I hear about HK is that the communication is so difficult in the first place, which has to take place for anything to be resolved. I personally have no issues with damaged products or defects, as the pricing does make up for those issues. I can fully understand a low profit margin distributor simply not being in a position to warrant and replace things they way a top dollar distributor like Horizon would. People shouldn't rant about those things as they do. Some of the much more unethical business transactions that I have heard reports of are a completely different story however.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That generally is true. The biggest complaint I hear about HK is that the communication is so difficult in the first place, which has to take place for anything to be resolved. I personally have no issues with damaged products or defects, as the pricing does make up for those issues. I can fully understand a low profit margin distributor simply not being in a position to warrant and replace things they way a top dollar distributor like Horizon would. People shouldn't rant about those things as they do. Some of the much more unethical business transactions that I have heard reports of are a completely different story however.
I have personally exchanged email with HK on questions about product availability or shipping status when their online updates seem stalled. Response has been within 24-48 hours and clarified the questions asked.

A lot of folks expect instant response as if they are the only customer seeking a reply or resolution. Chill out folks, give them time to reply as they are half a world away. It often takes 24 hours to get an email reply from Tower Hobbies or Horizon so what is the big deal? Showing a little patience and courtesy in communications reaps kind in return.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do people show support for a company that clearly only cares about getting the money.
Easy question to answer, the prices are low. It always surprises me how much faulty rubbish people will
tolerate if the price is low enough. The example that stands out to me is the unauthorised, knock-off copy
JetJoe turbine that was (still?) on sale years ago.

I'm a member of a club which mostly fly small electric models & probably 90% of the equipment comes from
Hobby King, the members band together to bulk buy. About the only sales the local suppliers get are transmitters
which must be locally approved by our national model admin body for insurance purposes as you would know. I do
fly competition as well & for those models I use premium equipment so I'm not one of the Hobby King fan boys.

The general attitude in the club, and I guess mine - at least for small disposable models - is if you are paying 1/4 the
price for something, order four & three work you come out in front.

This is probably the method used by 'local' importers, distributors & retailers. THEY are paying Hobby King prices for
the brand name gear we buy at the local friendly hobby shop at much higher prices.

Pete, why did you buy your power supply from Hobby King, not because of their reputation for service & easy return policy?
Of course not, you already knew they are a bit hit & miss, like everyone else you bought there because of the low price.
Come on - fess up.

If you bought your power supply locally & it was faulty you take it back, they appologise & replace it or send it
back to the distributor. The distributor or model shop does what Hobby King customers do, bin the unit, give you another
and say to themselves what HK customers do 'paid 1/4 the price for it, supplied 4, 3 good ones, enough money made on
that 3 to make the business worthwhile.'

Part of the price of goods we buy is for service & convienience, to see the goods, touch them, to have them in stock,
take them home today, to have the seller explain one on one how to use it, to have the seller replace a faulty unit or
arrange with the distributor to source you a replacement unit.

The way I look at it is you can buy from the LHS & pay extra for the service or buy on line & take your chances on
if you will have to struggle with problems or returns. Common sense tells me the cheaper the prices, the bigger the
gamble & who has the lowest prices?

You can howl about your situation all you like but the bottom line is this - you went to the horses & put your money
on the long shot (supplier with lowest prices, HK) instead of the the favourite (your LHS). This time, you lost - sucko.

John.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

I just love these Hobby King rants.....They just go on and on. If everybody stopped purchasing from them maybe we wouldn't see these threads pop up all the time.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:43 PM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

dick you need to do your research HK was booted off ebay for ripping people off , there are over 400 BBB claims agianst HK and there are fraud cases against HK for credit card fraud go to rctruth.com and get the truth about HK be careful what you say on here it will get deleted but HK are a bunch of crooks !!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
da Rock

This topic has been exhausted.

Enough said.

BTW, this forum is about Warbirds. Let's stick closer to that for new threads.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

These tossers are at it again.

Decided to purchase the new 90mm fan DH Vampire

Arrived quickly and I put it aside for a couple of weeks while I worked on another project. Pulled it out and was going through the bits and the manaul, manul shows on steps 32 and 33 how to fit the inlet ducts but none were supplied.

Lodged a ticket with HK and as per usual they have just mucked me around, keep closing the ticket as "solved" even though nothing is done to supply the missing parts.
I have reopened it now 3 times.

They demanded I lodge a RMA form but after reading the form it is for warranty returns only, I'm not returing anything. I wimply want the missing parts so I can build and fly this thing. Currently it is not for for purpose.

I have lodged a dispte with paypal and now lodging one with Office of Fair Trading.