Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TOP FLITE GS ARF's & RTC's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TOP FLITE GS ARF's & RTC's

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOP FLITE GS ARF's & RTC's

Right now Top Flite offers some great 50cc Giant Scale ARF's & RTC's Kits of the P-51, P-40, P-47 and Corsair; does anyone know if Top Flite Plans to offer some Non-American Planes in the Future, I'm not looking for suggestions of possible planes, just if Top Flite plans on offering some.

The American Fighters are great but some Non-American fighters would compliment the collection, like a Zero, Spitfire, FW 190, ME 109, etc; all in the same 50cc Giant Scale ARF/RTC Kits that are now available.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: TOP FLITE GS ARF's & RTC's

A giant scale FW-190 ARF is rumoured to be coming from TF at some point in the future.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nah......all of those planes are too politically incorrect for the majors to ARF or Kit. Or maybe nobody would buy them. Whatever the reason, anytime an Axis aircraft shows up, they disappear from the market quickly. Other than ESM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
denoferth
My Feedback: (71)

Maybe that's in response to those modelers who feel so “offended" by Nazi marked aircraft that they complain to the manufacture. Maybe a few positive comments to those manufactures would offset the negativity of the "offended" ones. It might be worth a try, I’d guess. Anyway, It seems like a year or so since that can of worms was opened so maybe it’s time to stir that idiotic pot again.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: denoferth

Maybe that's in response to those modelers who feel so “offended" by Nazi marked aircraft that they complain to the manufacture. Maybe a few positive comments to those manufactures would offset the negativity of the "offended" ones. It might be worth a try, I’d guess. Anyway, It seems like a year or so since that can of worms was opened so maybe it’s time to stir that idiotic pot again.
If I knew a company wouldn't sell a certain type of model airplane because it might offend someone, that would be that last day I ever considered buying anything from them.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:14 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

I brought out my Stuka to Floyd Bennett in Brooklyn NY last weekend, half done but with the markings on it and ran off some Jews that frequent the field on the weekends. My buddy and I was out there with our Axis birds, he had his Meister 109 in silver base no markings yet. But I have been to a few shows and the German planes with markings does stir up some folks. Not going to stop me though. I am finishing up my 109 also and will be taking it out to the shows. That`s why I build them. Back about 5 or 6 years ago at Warbirds over PA, an old Polish husband and wife literally ran to the other end of the field after seeing my buddy Stuka. I later understand the woman was in tears.
I guess these plans may be an issue for major companies to carry. That`s is why you have to build them on your own.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
dasintex

So from what I gather from the replys, other than a rumor, no ones knows for sure if Top Flite is going to offer some Giant Scale Non-American Warbirds in the future!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: dasintex

So from what I gather from the replys, other than a rumor, no ones knows for sure if Top Flite is going to offer some Giant Scale Non-American Warbirds in the future!
Here is where I got my information regarding the rumour, take it for what it's worth.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11017670/tm.htm
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Warbird Man
My Feedback: (95)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you contact Top-Flite and ask them? Can't hurt. If they get enough requests, they might manufacture a limited run on some non-US birds.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
dasintex

Hey Chad

That is interesting, I have seen that before where Robarts will start listing a set of retracts before the plane is released, sure wish Top Flite would release some info, I guess they want people to buy up the stuff that is out there, and with the Corsair being available now, it may be awhile before they offer anything new, I would just like to see the next one in something other than an American Warbird, the FW 190 would be good but I would love to see a Zero.

Thanks for the replys.

Warbird Man; I may just do that!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Luft-Gangster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Axis air is more fun to fly, because anyone at the field flying anything wants to get on your 6. Doesnt matter if its a Kadet or another warbird. That makes flying your typical P-51 seem boaring, and I love my P-51's. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

I can neither confirm, nor deny the current testing of a 1/5
scale Top Flite 190D9 ARF
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: t_burley

I can neither confirm, nor deny the current testing of a 1/5
scale Top Flite 190D9 ARF
boy.... you're a bunch of help!

lol how ya been Todd, I'm melting in my shop at 107deg....

Casey
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
t_burley

yep, hot down here amigo.

I stand by my statement however
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Asanders

Well the fact that you made that statement at all Todd makes me smile and hope and wish and dream and of course prepare a space in the workshop!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 AM
t_burley

LoL, we'll see what can be confirmed/denied here in the future
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 AM
[email protected]

some one will always be [offended]on something> thats why i drive a ford pick up
Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 AM
glazier808

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

some one will always be [offended]on something> thats why i drive a ford pick up
Lol...come on now, your from Hemet, everyone drives a Ford truck there!

Casey
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM
[email protected]

may the 28th my ford pick up got hit in the rear around 60 mph the police said i was at stop sigh > he knocked me in to the next lane and i hit a car head on still waiting for insurance company to settle iam 80 old been flying since 1950 and still fly very good> so here i set with out something to drive for now so my good ford stopped me from getting hurt
Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 AM
glazier808

Love my fords! Glad you were not hurt!

Casey
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 AM
brenthampton79

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Nah......all of those planes are too politically incorrect for the majors to ARF or Kit. Or maybe nobody would buy them. Whatever the reason, anytime an Axis aircraft shows up, they disappear from the market quickly. Other than ESM.
great planes had the stucka that they brought back due to demand. Great planes is owned by the same company that top flite is. I think its more about demand than politics...
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 AM
brenthampton79

dp sorry
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM
oliveDrab

I am always repulsed at the sight of a Swastika (I'm not Jewish). However, the FW-190 is an outstanding plane and I intend to buy one after my current ARF build, F8F Bearcat. I've often pondered replacing the Swastika on the vertical stabilizer with the German cross that's on the wings and fuselage. Replacing the Swastika with the cross will certainly not win points for scale realism however.

There are those who say that removing the Swastika dishonor's the victims of the Holocaust. I have never understood that argument but I suppose I respect it. See pictures for alternatives.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66702.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1781473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86412.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1781474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30979.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	1781475  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 AM
luckyb

It amazes me that some people continually try to rewrite history.It reminds me of the Confederate Air Force having to change to the Commemorative Air Force for the loss of corporate sponsorship, Incredible! I have been flying warbirds for 15 years and never heard a complaint about the Axis aircraft. I wish people would realize that we just re-live history. I think people should be far more upset by Japanese aircraft, with the atrocities they committed , and yet it rarely gets a mention.............Lighten Up..........Doug
Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That is the beauty of the USA, nobody has the right to not be offended. I think it would be great to see an ARC then we can all paint ours however we want. I would want to do that anyway. There are so many ways to modify a swastika if it bothers you, and as for the spectators, I could care less. Most of them have no clue or historical perspective. My Fokker triplane has been called a nazi plane just because of the presence of the iron cross.
I am not an ARFer anyway as I build all my planes so this topic does not effect me personally. But I find it interesting how and why things are a particular way. I find it shameful that political correctness would effect business, but we all know it does, along with too many other things in life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.