Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli Giant P-51 Linkage Selection Help Needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli Giant P-51 Linkage Selection Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Marinep51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli Giant P-51 Linkage Selection Help Needed

I'm in the process of building (scratch) the subject project. It has come the time to install the linkage but I'm not sure what is the best setup for this application. I do want to keep all the linkage internal to the airframe and control surface. Please advice on any linkage setups that are reliable.

Thanks for any advice,
Matt

Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 AM
crashproof

Default RE: Ziroli Giant P-51 Linkage Selection Help Needed

Hey Matt, Of course I read your post and understand you want internals. I have got 17 flights on a Ziroli P51 now that I finished in March. I went for ease and ease of maintenance so I went external with Ele. servo's in rear for the stiffness of that set up. How ever I would suggest Carbon fiber for it's rigidness and they have always been reliable for me Good Luck with your build and maybe I will run into you sometime with your Stang. Kevin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28923.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1783188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv66919.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1783189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79316.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1783190  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 AM
crashproof

One more, of course before I had painted the Canopy. 31lbs Quadra 75 Flies outstanding. Kevin.
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Capt G
My Feedback: (8)

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

i put the servos in the stabs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28417.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1783212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87651.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1783213  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Marinep51

Kevin,

Real nice looking stang. AND I hope you don't run into me one day, but I would love to see yours fly. I was looking into the carbon rods for my use for the exact reason you mentioned, "rigidity". Other benifits like strength and light weight are two other desireable traits and will most likely go that route. Detail questions I have though is what size and what size, type, and manufacturer of attachments should I put in this plane. I still want to go internal and I think there is a means to accomplish that. If the real one had them, then so can the scale. You have a good reliable setup and eventually I may have to go your route. What parts did you use?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Marinep51

Capt G,

Thanks for another great idea. I looked at your hanger and you have some very nice planes. How on earth do you find the time to build so many? Good on you! With the servo's in the stab how is the linkage to the elevators setup. I was thinking of putting the servo in the fuselage with a single connection to the elevators, somehow. That somehow is the big question I have and what components would be best suited for the job. Kevin had suggested carbon rods and I think that is the way to go also, but what size and what attachments to those rods are my concerns.

I do appreciate the feedback and believe me your suggestion has been a great help. I will evaluate if this is the right route for me and what I want to accomplish. Heck, I might crash and burn, BUT I have to give it a try.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 PM
crashproof

Hey Matt, I use 4/40 captured Hardware and Giant Scale horns. I like the type CF rod ends that are JBwelded into the CF rods, I then wrap the ends of the rods with sewing (sp) line and drop thin CA on that to combat any Fraying. So far not one single problem or failure. Many diff. makers are out there to supply these fittings just go with any quality maker that is readily available to you. Kevin.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:05 PM
crashproof

Just incase we never meet. My wife was doing the video so I want complain. Kevin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLYGVrjFhHk