Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Dayton show

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Moonbeam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dayton show

I can not believe all the words that I have read, I think the situation was blown out of shape, First of let me tell you folks who I am and were I stand Im Brian Taylor from Greenville Pa.
I was at Dayton with my Meister FW-190D9 and had a ball. even
though the weather was not the best. and I have no love at all
for the cookie cutter acros as well...I guess the thing that separates us warbird builders and fliers is that when we fly our
babys that we have a lot of time and effort in our scale planes,
were the acro guys can plunk down some cash on monday and have their acro flying on monday, so if they crash their plane they
are out a week of time...Us scale guys know how much time we have in our labors of love....SO we take exception when acro guys
hover in the path of our low pass or landing approach... but we
also have to remember that we live in a free world and not all pilots have the skills to fly a scale warbird..trust me I have flown
a acro and are amased how light the wing loading and responsive
the planes are...not knocking the Acro guys cause I have seen the
Acro guys do stuff that I would not even think about doing...It just that it is a differnt style of flying and neither is better It just
depends on what your prefence is.. I would have only one change for Next year at Dayton.. ALL PLANES would be flown like planes not like helicopters except for the half time show this would stop the fighting and make it all safe..As for one person Thanks to Gary Webb, Jeff Holsinger and Frank Noll JR for doing a great job.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:19 AM
Moonbeam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nuff said plase close thread

please close thread.