Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Electric Landing Gear V3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Electric Landing Gear V3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default ESM Electric Landing Gear V3?

I have a 82" CMP Zero that I have used the air ESM landing gear on for a couple of years now. I would like to change them out to electric and see that ESM now has thier V3 electric gear out. Has anyone out there used the new V3 gear and are they any good. I see with this gear you have to have another battery on board with another switch for the to operate. I don't know it this is better or not. Here is what I am looking at. Thanks for any and all input.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ESMLA7-80E3C.html
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: ESM Electric Landing Gear V3?

Jim ,
I have been using the V3 retracts in my 80+" CMP Zero with no issues on the V3 at all . I used the Bearcat set instead of the LA-7 set . I had to shorten the gear legs a little and bend a forward rake into them so they would fit correctly . I also opened up the wheel well to accept the larger wheels that came with the gear . I use a "Batt Share " on mine with 2 3300 mA 5 cell NiMh packs that power the receiver and the gear . The "Batt Share has 2 output leads I run one to the receiver and the second to the gear module . I still have power to the receiver and the gear module from either battery
Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Chris,

Thanks for the rely on this. I used the LA-7 on mine but they where the air up and air down ESM gear. They fit pretty well and where just a 1/2" short so I just move them forward that 1/2". Other than thay there we almost a drop in fit. I too had to widen the wheel wells to fit the 4" wheels that came with tehm. I will be ordering the LA-7 ESM electric gear now that I know they work well. And thanks for the info on the "Batt Share" unit I'll check it out. Here is a pic on my CMP Zero.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13512.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1879721  
Old 05-06-2013, 04:23 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey , That looks just like mine .
I am missing the drop tank it "dropped " in the lake never to be seen again. It's faster without it so I'm not concerned about the loss.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:45 PM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ESM module, does any one know where to get one ?