Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen an easytiger stuka?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Anyone seen an easytiger stuka?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone seen an easytiger stuka?

Easytiger has had a big stuka for sale for a while. Anyone have any info on it good or bad.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 AM
JSZ
My Feedback: (73)

I've seen one at Warbirds over Delaware. Looks decent but pray you never need any service from them based on my experience. Several fellow flyers in my club have ET models and nothing but troubles getting the kits or replacement parts.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 PM
damagedgoodes

The Stuka Easytiger sells is made by a factory called CY Models in China. It is also distributed in Australia by Austars Model. I did a build and review for Austars Model for one of the prototypes. It flew well and the construction was relatively good. The main points were the cowl was far from scale (which has since been changed to the correct shape) and the non scale tailwheel as supplied for the test model (don't know if they have changed that) and the lack of elevator mass balance and shroud and the lower tail to fuselage support struts (easily added if you want to make a set). All these issues and some minor points were given as feedback to the factory so I don't know where they are with them. As a blank canvas for a scale model (the factory paint job on the prototype looks terrible to me) it has a lot of potential and at the same span as the Ziroli but with a two piece wing it saves a lot of building. Attached is a pic of the prototype flying (well) with a DLE-55RA, Beila 20x10 3 blade prop and a Ziroli spinner. If you want anymore info pm me. Cheers, Dave
Old 10-09-2013, 07:46 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Dave thank you for the info! It does look like it has a lot of potential especially if you coniser a ziroli wood wing and glass fuse kit is about $800 and a whole lot of work.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:51 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Found some more pics of it, and a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_kPinviFqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_kPinviFqs