Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

M2 Browing 50 cal Machine Gun

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

M2 Browing 50 cal Machine Gun

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdelorme
I will post a website link as soon as the designers get back from holiday and get the site up.

At the moment it is a holding page for the Hive War Kickstarter; a Victorian Sci-Fi miniatures and for roleplaying game developed by Aerolyth Enterprises and backed into RC products, because my brother and nephew wanted some custom parts. The website is being developed at Rosaminiatures.com.

I will be doing two Kickstarters of my own too gauge the RC-Market and help get better equipment. The 3D printer industry is really improving their products over the last two years.

As for "inferior" plastic. I am not sure that is the right word. The miniatures in question look injected molded. One can use almost any type of plastic. If it is real hard it may be ABS, but if it is flexible at all its most likely is some kind of polyvinyl product. There are advantages to flexibility, unfortunately there are down sides also. If you really need a flexible part I would you one of the resins printed in the Object line, these printers were designed to make prosthetics and the material is durable but a little pricy.

I sent the request for 50 cals to Dan, my artist working on this project last night: so the project is in the que.

One of the objectives of posting on RC Universe is to find product demand. I am more a model ship person personally so I need help in determining what products the aircraft modelers want. So please feel free to speak up. It cost me a little over 120USD to put a new product on the market so small market size is an issue for me.

Richard

Richard

Post script: I looked up the armaments on the B17's

B17 E had 1 30cal 8 50 cals
B17 F had 11 50 cals
B17 G had 13 50 cals in 8 positions (2 in the Bendix chin turret, 2 on nose cheeks, 4 guns in two staggered twin waist guns, 2 in upper Sperry turret, 2 in Sperry ball turret in belly, 2 in the tail and one in the nose)
Think that makes 15 . . .

typically if the chin turret was fitted they did away with the nose position.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 PM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Richard,
Well, good to hear you're doing .50s now. I'm quite happy with my MG15 and MG81Z, but I wonder if you've included the recoil/sight mount for the bomber M2s? If so I sure could use a four or more M2 bomber mounts in 1/8th scale. Also, as long as you're doing the .50s, how about producing the ammo belt/feed linkages for bombers?? For all but the early M2 bomber fifties, the .50s almost always came with the feed linkages. Here is a picture of which I speak....

BTW, if you get a chance send me a picture of you Bord Kanon 3,7cm for the Stuka AND the cannon pods , please.

Regards,
Lynn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P7141803.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2072451  
Old 02-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lynn, you stil out there? You show up in the strangest places
Old 02-13-2015, 10:51 AM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. This is just one of many projects in which I'm involved. Rich developed the MG15 and MG81Z either for me initially, or I was one of his first customers after working out the details with him. If you're done playin' with those reactors, drop by sometime. I'll show you the new additions to my "Air Museum" since most of my aircraft are yet to see any air.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:16 AM
rdelorme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the AN/M2 and the M2HB versions. All aircraft mounted M250 cal machine guns in WWII were AN/M2, although some had a flash suppressor on them. I can provide the guns you need. An complete kit is $20 at 1/4 scale; the barrels and jacket are $3.50 each. I prefer to print the jackets and barrels as one piece, but this limits my size to 1/5 scale. I have a large format machine on order, but it is 3 months late in delivery. The picture is of a 1/10th scale I recently shipped to another customer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50cal02.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2091110