Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

A little help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:22 AM
justrfb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help...

OK Guys,
I have been moving right along on my TF P51 B Mustang and it is obviously going to bring me right into the winter building season. I haven't flown all that much lately, and when I do it is with my trusted and true Midwest Aerostar trainer because I plowed my Super Hots in on a too slow landing. My request for help is what kit can I also build this winter to be "sitting pretty" going into the spring flying season next year with 2 complete planes. One being the beautiful, gas powered, glassed P51B "Hurry Home Honey" and the other, (to be named) plane to loosen up and polish my rusty thumbs from inactive flying time and lots of building time. It should be relatively inexpensive, take my Enya 45 and get me ready to fly the Stang. What would you suggest? I love to build too but I build kind of slow so it should be of a "quick build" variety kit. I am looking at a GP Learjet, GP SS, Sig SE... I would like the plane to more resemble the Warbird than a #-d flyer. I really would like to really shy away from ARF's but if it must be... Thank you.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Bipeguy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little help...

You might check out the Sig Kougar 40 size. Your Enya 45 with a tuned pipe will make this plane really scoot ! It will also force you to land at a little higher speed (your P51 will need that) but still handles rock-solid.

I have a "King Kobra", the Kougars big brother and I am almost done with a Kougar. I wanted a 'pair' of them. I am trimming them to be almost identical. You can see pics of them in the Sig or Tower Hobbies web site.

The build is fairly simple. It has sheeted foam core wings and the fuse goes together easily. The kit cost is about $69.95, so it's cheep too. It will do almost any aerobatics you want....and do them quickly !! A very fun airplane.

good luck....bipeguy....
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: A little help...

I highly recommend the kit built Great Planes P-51. Given the desires you have stated, it is a great fit.