Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Meister Scale Zero- How accurate is it?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Meister Scale Zero- How accurate is it?

Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 AM
JackL
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meister Scale Zero- How accurate is it?

How accurate in outline is the Meister Scale Zero? Is it like some of the other Meister kits in that it has a flat bottom airfoil and is more standoff scale?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:35 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Accurate to what? You will have to take your specific 3 view and verify it. Airfoils are almost impossible to judge unless way off. Which competition are you preparing for?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not compared it to a 3-view but the Zero is definitely one of their better scale birds. Much more in line with the razorback Jug than with the original Jim Meister stand way off scale designs.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:25 AM
77chickenhawk

The closest arf i've seen out of the box that correctly copies the profile would be in my opinion the top-flight zero arf. That's the only thing I've seen out of the box that is close
Old 05-01-2015, 08:25 AM
77chickenhawk

The closest arf i've seen out of the box that correctly copies the profile would be in my opinion the top-flight zero arf. That's the only thing I've seen out of the box that is close
Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

The tip airfoil was 9%. This could easily be verified by Dino if you shoot him an email. If it is that important to have scale airfoils, It would be easy to make replacement ribs to match. Of course if going to an airfoil that may possibly be less stable, verifying good washout would be in order. Keeping the weight down is always a good idea as well.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
JackL
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks guys. Chad, how it compares with the older flat-bottom Meister designs was basically what I was getting at. I don't need a totally scale airfoil, but I don't want the awful looking flat bottom of the older Meister Fw-190. I wish someone like Jerry Bates (or Chad Veich) would draw up a big Zero plan.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackL View Post
Thanks guys. Chad, how it compares with the older flat-bottom Meister designs was basically what I was getting at. I don't need a totally scale airfoil, but I don't want the awful looking flat bottom of the older Meister Fw-190. I wish someone like Jerry Bates (or Chad Veich) would draw up a big Zero plan.

I appreciate the confidence Jack and the Zero is pretty high on the list of aircraft I would like to model. Indeed I started down the path of drawing one some years back but did not get too far before it got stuck on the back burner. It was a smuch smaller model however. I'm not sure I could do any better than the Meister anyway. If you look at Ken Safer's model seen below it looks pretty darn good to me. Not sure what, if any, changes he made but obviously the Meister airplane has potential. And having seen Ken's bird fly on several occassions I can offer that it appears to be VERY well behaved. As are most Zero models I think. I believe Bates is working on a Ki-43 Oscar if that might be of any interest.

Last edited by Chad Veich; 05-03-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Rebel Flyer

I'll put it to you this way... A Meister Zero just came in second place at top gun in Pro Am class. A Meister Jug just won it. I just bought my second Meister Zero this weekend... You wont find a better FLYING warbird...You can make it as scale as you want.

Thanx

Rebel
Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM
koal

Here's my Meister, I don't think that the flat bottom airfoil detracts from it at all. There is a lot of other scale detail that if done poorly will draw your eye in rather than your eye being drawn to the airfoil.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	2093791