Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli P 38

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Ziroli P 38

Hello Warbird drivers. This is my first time posting here in the Warbirds. I have decided its time for me to pull the trigger on one of my favorite airplanes, The P-38 lighting. So I have been looking at different kits and what is available. It looks like the Ziroli is the way to go. Only problem is it seems is that the only one that has a full kit available is National Balsa. What are your thoughts on this is there other options out there let me know. I have seen fiberglass booms but not sure where to find them.
I have been in the hobby for 37 years. Not too concerned about the building part.

Thanks
Joe
Old 12-16-2019, 05:18 PM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe I wouldn't be to concerned about anything with any of the Ziroli kits they are very good and have a good reputation of being some of the best planes
if you are questioning national balsa don't they are a very good company to deal with good luck with the build
Old 01-08-2020, 05:43 PM
flyingpiggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Joe
Be aware that the ZP38 booms benefit from local strengthening to mitigate the "knotch break" potential in the region of the uc door cut out and the wing saddle cut out. It has been reported that some wooden models have fractured there after a poor landing or over rotation on takeoff.

Regards
Dave Read
Old 01-10-2020, 06:39 AM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpiggy
Hi Joe
Be aware that the ZP38 booms benefit from local strengthening to mitigate the "knotch break" potential in the region of the uc door cut out and the wing saddle cut out. It has been reported that some wooden models have fractured there after a poor landing or over rotation on takeoff.

Regards
Dave Read
so why not use some carbon fiber in that area
Old 01-11-2020, 04:25 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpiggy
Hi Joe

Regards
Dave Read
Dave thanks. I did see that on some of the threads. If I go with the built up version I planed on reinforcing the appropriate areas on the booms. I am still looking and would like to find the fiberglass booms.

Joe