Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

C of G Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 05:27 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

TX, there are a couple things in your post that aren’t quite correct. Incidence really has nothing to do with surface throw. It does however greatly influence trim . If his wing and/or stab incidences are off it would explain why he needs the up elevator trim. Without verification of incidence and just starting to remove nose weight could be dangerous. That said I do tend to agree that odds are the trim is CG related. I also highly suggest that everyone know what their incidence and thrust angles are prior to flying any model. The more information you have, the better your bench setup will be which leads to fewer surprises during the maiden flight. Also CG has no bearing on aileron sensitivity. Overall throw, amount of expo and differential are what does. Lateral balance can affect how the model rolls both directions. Making sure both ailerons have the same amount of travel is something that many ignore but IMO important also.