Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

A Good Warbird ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

A Good Warbird ARF

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 01:05 AM
Flying Scotsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Good Warbird ARF

Sorry to lower the tone guys, but I was wondering if anyone has experience of warbird ARF's? My wife tells me that I cannot afford one of L454S' magnificant warbirds so an ARF is my limit (for now ) I would love to have a Zero or a FW 190 but I don't want to waste my money on any old ARF.

Thanks
Steven
Old 04-27-2002, 01:24 AM
THE TAILBACKER

I have a few WM ARF's. Real good planes. That new Hangar 9 P-51 looks impressive. Put a Saito 1.20 or 1.08 up front and you'll have a real hauler.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:55 AM
AirRayInc
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No tone concerns to worry about here. Warbird arfs are great. I have lots of hours on the EZ line of Warbird arfs. My personal favorite being the P-39 Airacobra. The plane out the box was a good 15 to 20 % faster in the air than the others, stood out at the sights, (lots of gosh thats an ugly Warbird) and made landings real fun. Just drove the plane home, nose high and it made the best landings.

You can hunt around for some of the ez brands, they are not worth much should you damage one, but you cant beat the instant scale, and good flying qualities of them. The Great Planes arfs are equally as nice. Flew their Spit for a bit as well, a real floater of an airplane with a 45, and great aerbatic with a Rossi 60.

Stop by here;
http://www.airrayinc.com/warbirds_for_sale.htm

to have a look at a couple of Warbirds that I am parting with.

Best of luck, but most of all, have fun.

Ray
Old 04-27-2002, 03:54 AM
flyguy-RCU
My Feedback: (11)

Default WARBIRD ARF

Just bought 2- Giant Scale Planes/ warbirds. A 76 inch Corsair and 71 Inch Fockewulf 190. Glass Fuses and Foam sheeted wings,hand painted over solartex fab. Nice planes. Corsair has fiberglass center section with retracts mounts all in one. I was impressed. Can't wait to fly. Go up to ARF's Threads and read on GIANTSCALEPLANES.....
Good Luck with your choice,
Bob