Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Topflite f4u 60

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:14 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topflite f4u 60

Is there any room for mistake on building this plane? I know everything should be as exact as possible but what is the room for error berfore it effects wether the plane flies or does not fly? Thanks...
Old 10-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Topflite f4u 60

ORIGINAL: ads8525

Is there any room for mistake on building this plane? I know everything should be as exact as possible but what is the room for error berfore it effects wether the plane flies or does not fly? Thanks...
That depends on what and where your off. If you didn't build the wing properly and the washout is off or it's twisted that's going to cause problems. If the stab or rudder are off well same thing. If it's heavy or the profile is off on sanding and shaping that's not a problem. Tell us more. Pete
Old 10-29-2003, 02:03 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Can't really tell you more becasue I have not gotten that far...I just wanted to know if I could screw up bad enought to where it may not fly when I'm done...Can you give me some advise to make sure I don't screw up that badly? Thanks again...
Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ads8525,
Have you built a kit before or is this your first? The TF instructions are fairly straightforward. Read and reread them and take your time. Be careful to build on a flat surface and measure carefully when they tell you while building the wing. The wing is really the hardest part and the most prone to having a problem with alignment. The fuse is not bad. See the thread by Corsairjock on mods to get ideas if you want. Also do a search on the TF corsair here on RCU both Juice and Shupack have good threads on this plane with pictures that may help also. If there is a specific question or problem post a question and I'm sure help will be pleantyful. Take care, Pete
Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Juice

Read the instruction manual again and again, until you practically have it memorized. Make sure you understand what needs to be done. Then before you do your next task, read that part of the manual again, just in case you forgot anything.

I've been taking pictures of my TF Corsair and putting them on my web site. I haven't had time to update my website since fiberglassing it, but all of the construction is there.

Juice
Old 10-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Ojzov

Check the threads of corsairjock and shupack!

For a common contemplation on all stages in the building proces, such as using two aileron servos inst. of bellcrank, see:

http://www.Sahobbies.co.za/rcflight/F4U%20Corsair.htm

Ojzo