Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

American Eagle Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

American Eagle Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 05:53 PM
mweathers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Eagle Aircraft

Does anyone have any experience With American Eagle? Mostly interested in warbirds. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:58 PM
juvatwad
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: American Eagle Aircraft

I have the Spitfire, but I didn't build it. The plane flies great, but is not competition-level scale. The owner of the company also owns our flying field, so there are a few AE planes flown there. Talking to the guys, they are not the quikest to build, but I've never heard of one being a bad flier.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:44 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the American Eagle forum here: http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/default.asp
Ton of building info.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:45 PM
smurfjet
My Feedback: (40)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last season down at the Bomber Field fly-in at Monville Texas I saw nearly half of American Eagle's designs fly. Spitfire, Hellcat, Corsair, Seafury, 109, Sea Hornet, B-26, 190..........etc. etc. etc. I can't remember everyone that they had down there, but I didn't see one that was a bad flyer. Go to the link above to see some build techniques. They look great and go together similiar to the Yellow Aircraft line. A bit more work with the american eagle kits then yellow, but if you are familiar with yellow kits, these will be no problem. I am building a chopped up 109 using American Eagle's fuse. Glasswork is excellent!

Good Luck,

Dave
Minneapolis
Old 02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Bob at American Eagle is one of the most nicest, most helpful guys I have ever dealt with in the hobby. Talked to him a while back about some of his planes and how difficult they might be to construct and was left with the impression that I need to return his favor of kindness by purchasing one of his planes. He's one of the good guys, was really willing to take the time to explain things to me, on his dime, long distance from the bayou to Chicago. I've never experienced that from anyone in any business, thumbs up from me without even owning one of the planes!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Shane B
My Feedback: (3)

My freind just finished the Hornet they have,, It flew very good and true,, Not the best to build but for sure not the worst I will probaly be building one of their kits pretty soon,, The people are great to deal with and will help you with any problems... I will let my freind know of your post he can tell you more,,,,