Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

JU-87 stuka

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 08:39 AM
strseantrent2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JU-87 stuka

Just looking for anyone that has built or is building one of these.....just looking for stories to share
Old 04-22-2003, 02:02 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default JU-87 stuka

I have about 10 flights on the ARF version. It belongs to a buddy who is to chicken to fly it much. I think it's
made by great planes but would not swear to it. I see it advertised in Tower. Flight on it is great. It handles a little better than simular size warbirds but is not as fast as say a TF Mustang. The AILE and FLAP being dropped down from the wing looks cool in flight. Especialy when the flaps are down. He rigged up a bomb drop on it thats neat. The bomb is orange plastic and splits in half on impact. We fill it with ashes from a fireplace and it makes a decent poof of ashes on impact. His is ST .75 powered with Skysport 6 radio and standard servos.
If you build one don't expect a hot rod and be cautios on the roll rate it's pretty slow. later daveo
Old 04-23-2003, 08:46 AM
strseantrent2001

Default JU-87 stuka

Cool....thanks for the info.......i have a Heritage R/C kit and it build great.....all laser cut and builds fast. It is a bit smaller that the great planes stuka. mine will have a gms .61. Glad to hear that it flies good......can't wait to finish mine now....i was a bit worried.......

sean
Old 08-30-2003, 04:47 PM
mad_duk

Default JU-87 stuka

Hey!

Ihave built the giant scale guillows stuka for RC.
I have lots of pics, posted on http://rcgroups.com/gallery/showgall...0&ppuser=19423
it was quite a challenge, but if yer a fan of the stuka, then its worth building one.
the skyshark/heritage kit looks nice, i may get one in the future, right now i'm doing the westwings Do 335.

the next kit after that will be a lidberg FW190/Ta152. have you seen this kit yet?
it's amazing! all lazer cut wood, 40" wings, orig. designed for rubber power, but I intend on changeing all that! lol

good luck on yer stuka,
post some pics,
Paul "Mad-Duk" Mapes Jr.