Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Great planes spitfire

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Great planes spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Navy18
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great planes spitfire

I have started building the Great planes spitfire and see a few strength concerns.... what engines are people using out there besides the OS46fx? Anything larger? I plan on using an OS50SX and have added alitte weight to strengthen the "Great Planeisms"........ any knowledge out there I can pick from?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:00 PM
avistar181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great planes spitfire

If you are looking for engines, you may want to look at something other than an o.s. engine. Although they are common, you are notlimited to that brand alone. My uncle owns a super tigre 61 and loves it. its got the smallest difference in power (.05 bhp) from the 61 fx, but thats hardly noticeable when flying. Its also 40- 50 bux cheaper than the os 50sx. I got a os 32sx and its great but i would have rather gotten a os 40 la for1/3 the price or even a thunder tigre 42. (can never have enough power) for the same power output. Try other brands, they may surprise you!!