Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flight Warbirds , weight question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flight Warbirds , weight question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top Flight Warbirds , weight question.

CAN , you build the 1/7 Mustang and P-47 TO weigh the specified 8-10 pounds. IT seems that from
all i have read , no one does . Can it be done???

thanks

Dan
Old 05-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Shihtzutan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built a full-featured TF Mustang that weighed-in @ 14 lbs., but I blame the 38 oz RCV engine for most of my problems due to the fact that I had to add over a 1/2 lb more weight in the tail. I'm going to be putting a Satio 1.50 in it instead. I'm finishing up a TF P-47 and will try using the engine I took out of my Mustang because the 47 has a shorter nose; hence the weight will be closer to the wing.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the TF P40 with flaps, Robart 615 retracts with oleos, Robart diamond tread wheels, drop tank, 2 batteries, on board glow and using a OS FS120.

oh and I have a go slow cct on the flaps so they deply over about 10 secs instead of "bang" stright down.
This is doped, tissue and painted using automotive paints.

Weight is spot on 10lb and it flies real nice. Approaches are a dream with full flaps down - a few clicks of power and it just tracks down the glideslope.

cheers
Peter
Old 07-16-2003, 02:54 PM
javaplus
My Feedback: (3)

You guys mention putting 1.20's and 1.50's in those planes. Is that too much power? I'm asking because I have the TF AT-6 Texan and I've got a OS FS-91 in it and it pulls it fine. So, I am planning on putting that in my TF F4U Corsair, which I'm painting now. Is the .91 four cycle going to pull it ok?? I'm looking for scale flying more than speed demon arobatics. But I'm a bit worried that maybe I'll be under powered after hearing you guys putting these big engines in. Especially since this is my first time Fiber Glassing and painting a model, so I'm expecting it to be heavy.(plus it has the retracts, robart struts, flaps and all.) Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 02:54 PM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

I have the O.S. 91fx in my TF corsair its more then enough 1/2 throttle and it cooks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MY CORSAIR.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	99