Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

profile warbirds?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 08:09 PM
p-47 razorback pilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default profile warbirds?

any company make any profile warbirds like the gp p-38 for single 20's size engines? like a p-40, corsair ect?
[]
Old 05-05-2004, 08:10 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: profile warbirds?

There's a guy selling profile Corsairs on eBay, for about $40 plus shipping. Do a "Corsair" search and you should be to find one. I think they are made by Standale Industries, or something like that.

There have been a few other companies which marketed profile warbirds, I'm not sure if any are currently in production or not. There is of course the Great Planes P-38, but that is set up for twin engine (.15 ~ .25). Global used to make a Bearcat.

Here are a couple of pics of my kit-bashed Sig Fazer. Fuselage is scratchbuilt, wings are pretty much original Sig design and parts.
In second picture, I have it on floats. Beleive it or not, a few Wildcats WERE built to be floatplanes, in response to the Japanese idea of making the Zero into a floatplane (which was then called a Rufe). The Wildcat on floats was called Wildcatfish. Just to show you, that if you can't find the one you want, it's not that difficult to make a profile scale fuselage on your own.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86500.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	129357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39698.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	129358  
Old 05-05-2004, 08:44 PM
wesf5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: profile warbirds?

There's the Tower Hobbies Fun 51 and I built one that looks just like a real p-51. But it's not really a warbird.