Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli Hellcat Zenoah GT80 Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli Hellcat Zenoah GT80 Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:54 PM
todd3603
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli Hellcat Zenoah GT80 Question

For any of you that have built the Ziroli Hellcat, especially with a GT80, I need to know motor dimensions so I can cut my motor box. Due to plunging into another project, I have decided to put this project on hold, it is framed but I would like to finish up the planking and sheeting before I put it into storage. I do not want to purchase the motor right now since it will be sitting for a year or two until I can complete my other project. So many projects, so little time, and the wife says, so little money [:-]

Thanks in advance.
Todd
Old 01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
jmodguy
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Ziroli Hellcat Zenoah GT80 Question

Todd,
according to the Zenoah flyer I picked up from the LHS the engine specs are as follows
Length (with mount) to prop mount - 7.54"
width (with plug covers) - 10.29 and it does fit in the cowl without making holes!
the stock mufflers even fit in the cowl!
mount:
w - 4.79
h - 3.25
Bolt pattern
w - 3.94
h - 2.37

I have the engine, plans, cowl, canopy, and gear. just need time to get to the darn thing! Let me know if you need anything else

Jeff Stultz
Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM
todd3603
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Ziroli Hellcat Zenoah GT80 Question

Thanks Jeff,

I had a couple emails on this and finally got it figured out. It was recommended to set the engine back for better clearance, so I cut the box to compensate for the GT80 and a two inch prop extension. Thanks for taking the time to post the measurements, I have seen alot of posts requesting dimensions, so I am sure it may help many. Thanks again.

Todd