Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 AM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weather

Im a teacher in Michigan and we have three weeks off for the holiday and I was thinking im getting lots of flying in. Wrong! not one day! too cold windy or rainy. We had a day of 52 deg rain and wind, then it goes to a calm day with a high of 20. not catching a break. Im not a cold weather flyer anyway
Old 01-02-2005, 11:04 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: weather

Join the club, I have not been able to fly for about a month now due to rain, rain, wind, rain, and now its 26 degree's without the windchill factor and the wind is like 30-50mph!
Old 01-02-2005, 12:40 PM
the-plumber

I got Ghosts 2005 and an Ansel Adams calendar for Christmas.

They're both broken . . .

It's January 2 down heah in hotLanta, and it was an even 70 degrees yesterday, 68 today.

Somebody cancelled our 'Winter'.

Hard to stay in the building shed when it's warm enough to do outside stuff . . .
Old 01-02-2005, 01:44 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm in the same boat, took a week and a half off of work with plans of lots of flying and it's been cold, windy and raining all except 2 days.... so I flew those two days.... today though is rain... tomorrow is my last day offf so hopefully it will clear up a little bit but it's supposed to rain....
Old 01-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

I have not been able to fly for about a month now due to rain, rain, wind, rain, and now its 26 degree's without the windchill factor and the wind is like 30-50mph!
Common John, a little rain won't kill you I've been flying for the past couple of weeks, and it didn't turn out to be that bad. In fact, I'm heading out to the field now in 34 degrees temp.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was absolutely gorgeous here in Northeast Ohio yesterday, temperature in the 50's no wind and not a cloud in the sky. I loaded up my truck and drove to our club field only to find the road closed due to flooding. Our field is mostly under water. There is a creek that borders our field and water is way over the banks. We had heavy snows that all melted very quickly due to the unusally warm weather. It's been over a month since I last flew and it may be another month before I get a chance again.[]
Old 01-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Nickrc3
My Feedback: (6)

Same situation here Tim, as I work for a public school district and also had those days off.
Residing in South Florida, I figured on getting in much flying on a new Alfa foamy warbird. Not so! Everyday its been 20-25 MPH winds, though I did get much building accomplished.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Fastsky

I got cold once! I didn't like it so I don't do that any more!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:25 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I know Richard, I was actually in your area today ( Auburn and renton ) Perfect day, you dont get the wind I have up here its 25* and windy again
Old 01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Same thing here in Chicago, TWC says it should be perfect the day I go back for school(Thursday)[]